Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers

Article about: I forget where I got got these photos from but are not mine. I CRINGE WHEN I SEE THIS,,as even as a boy myself at one time I have done the same thing with a pocket pen knife,,wanting to see

Default Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers

I forget where I got got these photos from but are not mine.
    I CRINGE WHEN I SEE THIS,,as even as a boy myself at one time I have done the same thing with a pocket pen knife,,wanting to see if it will stick in a tree. Take notice in the 2nd photo of the ( from the top going down) the 1st and 3rd dagger. Look at the bakelite grips as it is broken and chipped.
    I wonder what the HJ leaders thought of this practice if they ever found out.......or maybe condoned it! Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers   Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Boys will be Boys and their HJ daggers

Interesting photos. Everyone believes their daggers has been "ruined" after the war, and then we see photos like this. hehe

?

Wonderful images Larry, I love the expressions on their young faces. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Regards,

Carl

?

Not one smile between them, is this the start of de-humanising them, they certainly lack the normal schoolboy outlook, also i did'nt realise you could throw these HJs, the balance is well off

We did it with K98 bayo and broke it. Well, it was not a so big loss because we had a lot of K98 bayonets in therse times...

The HJ I feel only smiled for the camera,, other than that,, they were too busy ratting out who ever they thought was an enemy of the State. ( Zealous and like a Rabid dog ). Stolen innocence IMO.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Great Photos Larry,

These hj knifes took some punishment back in the day

No wonder we see so many damaged hjs

Regards Mac 66.

Interesting observation. I see it as boys having fun. I am sure I would be doing the same thing.