Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond

Article about: A past period company still producing SA daggers today are genuine craftsmanship of the producer.. But worth nothing historically ! Modern day reproductions from period companies does not ho

Leave it to the beaver lol. What does that mean anyway?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond
    P
    Many

Hi Gerrit I moved these posts and gave it its own thread as it was originally in the HJ diamond thread. The posts made by the OP does not show any content and will remain here on its on unless something substantial can be worthy of including it in the HJ diamond thread.

@ Mattty the Beaver comment is complicated and is not worth explaining. The "Colonel" has mistaken this forum for another by that comment and would be best to keep searching for that forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thx Larry

This producer appears to be a rare one...of the name Koch & Rau...any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond  
    Attached Images Attached Images Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,it is a different maker mark.
    The HJ is Krebs,but it's a fake MM.
    The other one I have seen at a show on SA dagger and it was first time I have seen this maker.
    I'm sure it is rare one.

Regards

Default 05-27-2013 12:56 am 2 Larry c moderator / HJ Dagger - C.J. Krebs thread

Hi Greek!! Welcome to the forum,,this knife is postwar...as it resembles the HJ characteristics from that period,, but this style knife was and is,,, still mass produced today. The makers logo on the Ricasso shows a period maker "Kronenkrebs".who the maker is really known as Julius Carl Krebs established in 1866..which made HJ daggers. The original logo which is very hard and rare to find,,would be shown with out the modern English wording " Solingen Germany" All post war knives would exhibit the English wording. The Boy scout diamond looks to have been added on to the grip plates. This example is unfamiliar to me and some of our Resident HJ collectors could give more of a detailed assessment about the other characteristics of this knife. Regards Larry is a topic date that this site has here. I came across it when I saw the image of this Krebs HJ knife on a YAHOO image search engine.
    What I cannot understand is why ask more questions about a piece like mine if the moderator answered this two years ago when brought up by a member already?
    The response is so completely different but the HJ daggers(postwar) by C.J. Krebs are alike. Postwar daggers are still miliaria because German Scouting Movement continues to this day. C.J. Krebs currently makes SA daggers and such still brand new but genuine.
    I feel trapped by this topic because of these inconsistencies. Hindsight is 20-20.
    Below is a photo from that posted topic from 03-27-2013:
    Attached Images Attached Images Carl Julius Krebs HJ Knife diamond 

Dont feel trapped Colonel..it was an honest question on my part..as sometimes we see producers with near type logos. take it easy..lets not go down this path again!!

Heres a transitional Krebs. Its the first time ive seen this maker as well

Transitional Hitler Youth Knife by "M7/5" with Krebs Logo

Cool

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    Heres a transitional Krebs. Its the first time ive seen this maker as well

Transitional Hitler Youth Knife by "M7/5" with Krebs Logo
    Yes, "transitional" but genuine and not a fake at all. My original reply was waiting for an expert to explain that there were many HJ knife diamond variations that are postwar (transitional) and genuine like mine.
    My thread is supposed to be moved back to the forum topic on "HJ knife diamond variations" after additional proof given by me or left to the "experts".

How could a diamond be post war and genuine? If the original post was about the diamond theres definitely no question.

Heres a repro with the same diamond

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast