Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Damaged HJ knife

Article about: The last time round LarryC stated the SA dagger was...rarer...Bavarian type...was there a history behind this? I have a opportunity to get a HJ knife...but it has no case, would it be worth

?

Default Damaged HJ knife

The last time round LarryC stated the SA dagger was...rarer...Bavarian type...was there a history behind this? I have a opportunity to get a HJ knife...but it has no case, would it be worth an attempt to pick it? I has a crack handle...and the triangle looks new? Could it be fake?

This is a pic of it....Attachment 508268
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Damaged HJ knife  
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Damaged HJ knife
    P
    Many

Default Damaged HJ knife

There were a few makers coming out of Bavaria,, but none that would deem it rare or increase the value. There is definitely some issues with the HJ dagger which i will move this post shortly to the HJ Forum. The grip plate is cracked and the crossguard is broken off also. It seems as though this is the only photo which can not be enlarged unless someoe else wants to step in and make it larger. Looking at the blade,,it has an odd shape. Without seeing more closeup photos i am going to say that this is a manipulated parts dagger. More opinions needed of course. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: Damaged HJ knife

I agree with Larry,

Looks like a postwar knife, it has the postwar shape.
    The plates are broken to remove the " Pathfinders diamond" and add the proper HJ diamond with the swastika.
    Run far from it...

cheers,
    Ger

?

Indeed an odd blade shape - doesnt seem to have enough 'belly' to it.