Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did I get Burned

Article about: I just bought a Hitler youth knife and I was wondering if i got burned. Please be honest I can take it. I paid \\$50 but I am worried due to the reverse handle. Was wondering what it was worth

wervintage
    ?

Default Did I get Burned

I just bought a Hitler youth knife and I was wondering if i got burned. Please be honest I can take it. I paid $50 but I am worried due to the reverse handle. Was wondering what it was worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did I get Burned   Did I get Burned  

Did I get Burned   Did I get Burned  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Did I get Burned

For $50 you didn't get burned.

I would pay $50 for that.

The scabbard is worth more than $50. It is not in the best of shape in regards to the knife but well worth what you paid.

rgds, Tyrone

I do not see anything wrong with it and good price.

wervintage
    ?

Thanks. I feel better I also am looking at a k98 bayonet. any words of advise to look for authenticity? here is a pic of it. I know its not the greatest but its all he has. Thanks again.

http://lansing.craigslist.org/atq/1776415815.html

Quote by wervintage View Post
    Thanks. I feel better I also am looking at a k98 bayonet. any words of advise to look for authenticity? Thanks again.
    The K98 bayonet are not reproduce .what type are you looking for .Make sure that the serial numbers are matching it make a price difference.I just saw the picture hard to tell the condition.40$

For a bayonet it will be much easier to find since they were standard issue to just about every soldier. Look for over all condition with original blueing to the blade with no pitting, no cracked handles, dented scabbard and hopefully matching numbers on the bayonet and scabbard. You will have your choice of the earlier production with wooden handles which generally cost just a little bit more in excellent condition or the style that fallowed with bakelite handles. All can be had for under $100 in very good condition (matching #'s generally cost more)

Choosing a good one will not be hard but be patient and don't buy the cheapest one.

rgds, Tyrone

wervintage
    ?

Thanks. So if the numbers match its worth more than $100 and if they dont its worth about $50? (prices for a good shape one).

Generally yes, match #'s will cost over $100 unless your super lucky like your HJ knife. $50 will get you one in the below average condition so expect to pay approx. $70-100 depending on everything discussed.

Quote by wervintage View Post
    Thanks. So if the numbers match its worth more than $100 and if they dont its worth about $50? (prices for a good shape one).
    That is correct but for the one bakelite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast