Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

dilemma....

Article about: Hi Guys, i need your opinion....... I can only spend my money once so i have to make a choice. I can buy two very rare daggers, but wich one shall i buy. the first one is a rare HJ olympic p

Default dilemma....

Hi Guys, i need your opinion.......
    I can only spend my money once so i have to make a choice. I can buy two very rare daggers, but wich one shall i buy.

the first one is a rare HJ olympic parade dagger 1936.
    the second one is a chained ss leader dagger unmarked.
    then there is the price: HJ dagger €850 SS dagger: €1700.00

what do you think?????

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dilemma....   dilemma....  

dilemma....   dilemma....  

dilemma....   dilemma....  

dilemma....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dilemma....
    P
    Many

Default Re: dilemma....

I would have concerns over the originality of the chain on the SS dagger. The links, detail, etc. Look at how the patina is different to the other fittings.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

you are right about that. Here are some more pictures. Should i go for the HJ knife?

thanks
    Eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dilemma....   dilemma....  

Hi Eddy, I don't know enough about the HJ knife to give an informed opinion. But to me, they are a bit too exotic. I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.

The HJ Knife, I have seen before. And the one that you have shown looks good. There has always been controversy surrounding pieces, and this one is no exception. However, the price you have quoted is in keeping with the last one I handled

Not too keen on the chains either

hi guys, i declined on the hj knife. i did some research and there is just to much discussion about these knives. some say its post 45 some say they are just unissued for a long time, others say ist a kind of souvenir.... i just don't know. one thing i am shure of.... there is not one picture of hj pupils wearing these daggers and no vet stories about them.

ade, i agree about the hanger on the ss dagger. but there is only one way to find out. i could take it apart en check the marker on the spine, it should match the marker on the hanger right? overal the dagger looks fine to me and the chain to..... maybe some more comments?

thanks guys this is an great forum.

greetings eddy

Hi Eddy, the chains should be unmarked, other than the so called SS "proof mark" and a possible "DRGM" mark under the knot. The links to the chains are the wrong shape.

Cheers, Ade.

Now compare to an original "type 2" chain from my collection. Look at the quality and especially the top two links which join to the knot. The ones you show are the wrong shape.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dilemma....  

no more dilemma now as both pieces maybe junk....
    save your money for better stuff.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

The Chained SS would be quite a bargain at that price if it was all legit
    Newton