Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally in Classifieds, opinions please!

Article about: Ive seen the ad about a so called "DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally" I know this knife has been discussed in several forums,and mostly it is described as a fake. Special forums li

?

Default DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally in Classifieds, opinions please!

Ive seen the ad about a so called "DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally"
    I know this knife has been discussed in several forums,and mostly it is described as a fake.
    Special forums like the Hitler Jugend Forum, even sellers admit that they "created" it authentity.
    It has been discribed as a knife created as a souvenir in the late 40ths.
    Even good old Wittmann tries to sell one of these knives.
    I.ve done a lot of googlin' and i would like to hear the opinions of your guys!

Here are my 2 cents:
    i think regarding the state they are all in, leather almost new, not officialy released in any official RZM protocol, that they are at least very suspicious.
    Never seen any wartime picture or ad that prove they realy excisted.
    Cheers Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally in Classifieds, opinions please!
    P
    Many

Default Re: DJ knife from the Nuremberg Rally in Classifieds, opinions please!

Good eyes Gerrit lets open it for discussion here is the link:
    Nuremberg Rally Knife - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

An invitation has been sent to the HJ forum in support only in the DJ organization and its role, so as to shed some light on a reclusive dagger.
    My opinion is that on such a day thousands of these daggers must of been made, to be given out but only a mere handful has surfaced,, leaving wide open skepticism of thought. Why do we not see more of these? This dagger is being offered for 300euros ,, or $417 US. A knife of this calibre and rarity will be worth more than what is offered. The thread is open for discussion.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

i have a bad feeling about this one, the guy has 3 posts, been here for a year, and has a item which is either very rare of fake.
    Morris

?

Larry this is one of the treads:
    DJ Deutsches Jungvolk knives - Hitler Youth Forum
    there are more, but all have the same outcome.
    I think we as a community have to make sure the Classified that are posted here at Warrelics are at least pieces that or well documented or discussed, or the seller has to say the relic isnt authenticated as WW2 artifact.

Cheers Ger

I am not a believer in these knives for various reasons personally. The only evidence that seems to be presented over and over is "vet obtained". No period photos, documentation, regulations, etc. This type of knife was also recently discussed along with what are often referred to as "DJ" knives on the WAF forum in a very long thread with arguments presented from many different angles. Here is a link to that discussion. There are two definite camps on these knives, believers and non believers. The sales thread should at the very least mention the fact that the knives are questioned. Read for yourself and decide.

Deutsche jugend 'messer - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

The only official Nurnberg knife i can see from the Johnson Book is the Congress Hall pocket knife made by SMF and this does'nt relate to HJ , the knife has two blades as standard measuring 7inches when fully opened, the larger blade bears the SMF (King) Solingen logo on one side and "ROSTFREI" on the other, it has a blue case with an image of the Kongressbau Nurnberg, as far as rare goes this is the epitomy, but i would have expected to see at least an image from the Johnson book of the HJ if one existed or was available to be photographed, and if it did exist would be so rare as to command a very high price and not £300, possibly a couple of GRAND

?

Never seen that one before. Strange looking.
    Odd, the direction that the logo on the blade is oriented.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Larry this is one of the treads:
    DJ Deutsches Jungvolk knives - Hitler Youth Forum
    there are more, but all have the same outcome.
    I think we as a community have to make sure the Classified that are posted here at Warrelics are at least pieces that or well documented or discussed, or the seller has to say the relic isnt authenticated as WW2 artifact.

Cheers Ger
    Yes this is an absolute!! Too many items going up for sale that are questionable. I feel anything that goes to the classifieds through this forum,, that item needs to go through whichever forum it pertains to first. In this respect both the buyer and seller are protected. I would rather take a loss and find out an item is no good than to take a loss of my integrity and trust. Once both of those are gone,,, in this hobby,,bad news travels fast! A member can change his or her name,, but the item remains the same and the memory of that item is not long forgotten. It will surface again. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill