Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

DJ Pocket knife

Article about: This is a pocket knife with sig rune made by Utica Cutlery, circa 1930's. the blades are unsharpened. This is being sold on the Flying Tiger Antiques Online Store for \\$345.00 . It's labled a

Im a member of the AAPK also..and is quite resourceful..in American and German produced knives..such as these. I feel when America entered into WW2....that many of the German and Japanese were being held in safe detention...but I also wonder if some of these businesses who had export business with Germany were shut down..because of this produced item? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Pocket knife
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I also wonder if some of these businesses who had export business with Germany were shut down..because of this produced item? Regards Larry
    Oh heck no! We here on the forum are looking at this with 20/20 hindsight. At the time whether coincidence or ordered by the "Bund", this was a small thing if even that much. Utica went on to produce both the M-3 trench knife as well as the 1903 bayonet for the U.S. gov. during the war! No; I doubt anyone gave a tinker's damn about "rune" pocket knives. All that remains to be seen is "proof" that someone in the bund ordered some of these. I'm sure some bund members said "look!, I think I'll buy one of these for my 'bund' son!" upon finding them in a hardware store... but were any ever ordered/the shield instigated, by the Bund? We'll never know.

regards, m

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4