Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this HJ knife look original?

Article about: How does this one look? Price is \\$150. No motto....maker mark says "Germany" which is odd, but Eickhorn used "Original", so I try not to judge explicitly by that. HJ logo

Default Does this HJ knife look original?

How does this one look?

Price is $150. No motto....maker mark says "Germany" which is odd, but Eickhorn used "Original", so I try not to judge explicitly by that. HJ logo looks more raised than I recall seeing on others... I just don't know much about these.

Thanks!

Scott

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this HJ knife look original?
    P
    Many

Hi Scott, I think it is a reproduction. The lip on the scabbard and the enamel of the diamond are not correct.

It is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yeah. I was worried that might be the case. Thanks! You never know till you ask.
    Last edited by avenger; 07-07-2014 at 10:12 PM.

?

It's a fake for sure. Originals are never marked 'Germany,' and as mentioned above, the lipped scabbard is wrong. The knife experts could probably point out other problems as well.

Thanks guys. So army daggers "original" is good, HJ daggers "Germany" is bad.

Noted.
    Last edited by avenger; 07-07-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Scabbard throat should not have a lip around the top...( Solingen Germany ) was not an option during the Third Reich period. Germany should not be in English or German on the ricasso at all. Every one of our HJ threads has an answer to authentication...none are hanging in the balance.

( side note ) : If anyone comes across "any thread" on "any forum" within the "Sword and Dagger forum"..and it "may appear" to be unanswered please by all means bring it to the top..so we can discuss and finalize an answer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ( side note ) : If anyone comes across "any thread" on "any forum" within the "Sword and Dagger forum"..and it "may appear" to be unanswered please by all means bring it to the top..so we can discuss and finalize an answer. Regards Larry
    Good idea Larry

I use the search box all the time, there are tons of unanswered threads.

Strangely I see the producers logo Peter Lungstrass from the ( Solingen Ohligs section )..which Im not sure were an early HJ producer. RZM permit was issued on 10/01/34 but RZM7/57 is not documented on any HJ examples.

Here is a thread that was started by a member no longer with us. ( banned ) which is a great resource to current operations of Third Reich producers. It may be possible also that Peter Lungstrass may also be one of these surviving firms...yet not documented here.

Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The seller responded that he knows it's a post war reproduction, and that "It was indeed made in Germany though before they banned the swastika in the early 50's. Produced as souvenirs for the GI's and typically made of original parts."

Perhaps the company continued to make these for a time post war? Where there's a dollar to be made, there's someone eager to make it no?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast