Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Hitler Jugend knife

Article about: What does everyone think of this hitler jugend knife? A local fellow I know has it for sale he said I could have it for 450.. Everything looks right to me but I'm not sure if this is a good

Default Early Hitler Jugend knife

What does everyone think of this hitler jugend knife? A local fellow I know has it for sale he said I could have it for 450.. Everything looks right to me but I'm not sure if this is a good price or not. I thought hitler jugend knives where a bit cheaper. I know this one is early and has a maker mark on the leather but just want to make sure the price is fair and I'm not being overcharged.

The thing I'm also wondering is does the blade length look ok? I've heard sometimes they where reshaped so they can be shorter and not factory length.. Also is this maker rare or desirable?

Thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hitler Jugend knife   Early Hitler Jugend knife  

Early Hitler Jugend knife   Early Hitler Jugend knife  

Early Hitler Jugend knife   Early Hitler Jugend knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Hitler Jugend knife
    P
    Many

It's original. An earlier Linder, obviously, but it's in typical Well used condition. I like the personalization initials. Value? I'd say the asking price is considerably on the high side, but if you want a more closer estimate, just do a quick search about the net and compare-they're not awfully rare to find.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's original. An earlier Linder, obviously, but it's in typical Well used condition. I like the personalization initials. Value? I'd say the asking price is considerably on the high side, but if you want a more closer estimate, just do a quick search about the net and compare-they're not awfully rare to find.
    Thanks for your post. I've been learning and looking at Hitler Jugend knifes for the past year or so, I'm aware what an early one should go for but since I have not seen a Linder Hitler Jugend knife for sale. I wasn't sure if the maker was rare or desirable for HJ knifes in particular. ( I've seen several SA daggers made by Linder which seem to be priced normally)

I'll just keep looking for one, I would like one in better condition.

Side question... What would everyone value a Mint almost unissued early inscribed HJ knife. No special maker or anything. I've been seeing them around $1k and not sure. Thanks and just wondering what everyone has actually seen them transact at.

Well,i have seen some absolutely minty HJs at a SOS show this year .
    The asking price was from 2k to $3500.

Quote by stingray View Post
    Well,i have seen some absolutely minty HJs at a SOS show this year .
    The asking price was from 2k to $3500.
    Have you ever seen them actually sell anywhere near that price or thats the I don't want to sell it price? Thanks for response.

Paul Hogle has a couple of pretty decent conditioned full motto HJ's listed-both an early Halbach and a transitional Wingen, and they're both just under the $800 mark. $3500?? Was it owned by Schirach or Axmann himself? If I ever dreamed of spending even a thousand on a HJ, it had better be something to write home about.

And, actually, that early Linder wouldn't be all that bad of a pick up, but it would have to be haggled down a few before putting out the Sold sign on it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't know if any of his knives sold but you never know who comes to these big shows.
    Long time ago I spent in think $1700 for one which is the best i have ever seen and I was looking for years to find it. It will always stay in my collection.

There is a Gent from the Chicago area that comes to these shows paying top dollar for the Mintiest of Mint.

As a collector its all a matter of what your willing to pay.
    Below are an example from a prominent dealer at the SOS. If your interested in Mints.....here are a few of them.

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    There is a Gent from the Chicago area that comes to these shows paying top dollar for the Mintiest of Mint.

As a collector its all a matter of what your willing to pay.
    Below are an example from a prominent dealer at the SOS. If your interested in Mints.....here are a few of them.

Thanks Larry, yes I am interested in a mint HJ knife. Did you happen to see any of the prices on the above picture?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast