Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

Article about: Different makers will always produce a product that is slightly different. IMO the knife shown are fine and correct to their marker.

Default Re: Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Ok Gents, now what about the " Knife" ?
    Sorry about that! It's very nice, I particular like the fact the leather is stamped with the marker.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof
    P
    Many

Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. WusthofEarly HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. WusthofEarly HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

In my collection there´s a Fahrtenmesser of the HJ in very bad condition, maker: WKC-Waffenfabrik, but, you can recognize the maker´s mark clearly.

Very interesting. This is one of my favorite companies. Was this common practice to mark the leather of the Fahrtenmesser of the HJ? Many thanks!

?

Hi gerrit,

looks a nice genuine early hj knife by Ed Wusthof,

The daimond insignia is the larger type imo but here is a pic of the small type for referance,

Regards Mac 66.Early HJ Dolch with Motto by Ed. Wusthof

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    ... Was this common practice to mark the leather of the Fahrtenmesser of the HJ? ...
    As far as I know, no !

Thank you for your reply! Congrats to both on a rare leather marked sheath and a nice, early Fahrtenmesser of the HJ!

going to stick my neck out here! something doesnt sit right - the leather with the stamp on looks paper thin, has it been restored/oiled in some way? the blade has got a wide bit by the ricasso, is that peculiar to early makes? the rivets on the sheath look quite new, have they been polished? the motto is slightly different in some of the letters to the one i have, i thought all makes motto`s were identical. the rivets on the back of the sheath look quite large. the blade shape is quite wide near the tip, i realise by comparing my hj to gerrits i am opening myself to being put to shame by some experts and being told all hj makes have slight differences. i hope i dont waste anyones time. my knife is E&F Horster M7/37, i will post photos if i can

?

oddball@ The leather was a bit dry, i used leather grease to feed it i put it on big it wasnt dried when i took the picture.
    The blade is a typical thin blade, like it should be.

mac66@ The earlier ones were the smaller measuring approx 23mmx13mm and the later RZM ones slightly larger at approx 25mmx15mm
    this one has the 23mmx13mm and its wiggles

ok. is this your first hj? just wondering if you have anything to compare it with. they are well worth looking after . i kept my knife at the bottom of a drawer for 29yrs before i oiled the blade . its got the LS oakleaf stamp on the back of the sheath too

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    mac66@ The earlier ones were the smaller measuring approx 23mmx13mm and the later RZM ones slightly larger at approx 25mmx15mm
    this one has the 23mmx13mm and its wiggles
    gerrit,

Thats weird as it looks like the larger 25mmx15mm daimond in your pix

Ah well must be an optical illusion

Regards Mac 66.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast