Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Early HJ fahrtenmesser

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I had showed this knife before on the forum but it seems I have not? So here it is. I bought this one 30 years ago for £16. The knife is an early pre RZM maker marked

Default Early HJ fahrtenmesser

Hi Guys, I thought that I had showed this knife before on the forum but it seems I have not? So here it is.

I bought this one 30 years ago for £16. The knife is an early pre RZM maker marked example. The maker, Gebr. Lutzenkirchen, Solingen is a fairly rare one. In fact, I have never seen another. I don't believe that this company ever become an RZM licenced firm after the introduction of the M7 contract code numbers?

The knife has been well used over the years. The motto can just be seen on the blade.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early HJ fahrtenmesser   Early HJ fahrtenmesser  

Early HJ fahrtenmesser   Early HJ fahrtenmesser  

Early HJ fahrtenmesser   Early HJ fahrtenmesser  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early HJ fahrtenmesser
    P
    Many

Hal
    ?

Default Re: Early HJ fahrtenmesser

Hi Ade, very early HJ with the patent marked blade. Thanks for showing, Hal

HDTony
    ?

Ade

Very nice example, thank you for posting it. There are so many HJ that the early examples sometimes get missed. We do learn some thing new every day!

Tony

Thanks for showing this Ade,

I think it is an absolute corker. I can appreciate the mint un-handled examples of German militaria like the next guy, but a fahrtenmesser like this one really talks, love it!

Cheers,

Grant

?

Nice rare maker there Ade, Great find mate.......Cheers Scott.

?

Hi Ade , i`ve never seen this maker before either , and i love tha makers mark of the anvil being cut through with a knife , nice find , interesting to see that the early blades had little or no ricasso . A really nice example , i like it a lot , and the scabbard looks mint , cheers for showing ,

Al

Nice example! I have one myself!
    Looking at your pictures i was actually doubting for a second if I might have bought the one in your pictures

Notice the similar stain at the end of the grip, the maker mark faded at the same place, the blade not fitting nice to the grip (could this be a manufacturing error?). But your scabbard looks a bit better, as well as the diamond in your grip. Still very happy with mine though

Early HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesserEarly HJ fahrtenmesser

Wow Frank !! Rare maker..can you post that separately in your own thread in the HJ forum. I dont think I have seen that producer..and Im sure the rest of the gents will like to see it. Despite a few short comings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Frank, wonderful to see another one after all these years!

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice early thinblade Ade!
    First that came up in mind was that it had a swapped eickhorn scabbard, looking at that typical rounded tip.
    Lovely logo!

Regards
    Ger