Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions

Article about: hey guys, picked this up today by chance. I've handled a fair amount of HJ knives and this one seemed the part to me. There's a few obvious flaws but I wanted to double-check to make sure it

Default Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions

hey guys, picked this up today by chance. I've handled a fair amount of HJ knives and this one seemed the part to me. There's a few obvious flaws but I wanted to double-check to make sure it was real. I wasn't terribly impressed with the rivets or the diamond being fixed in place. It seems like an earlier model so it may be normal. Thanks for any opinions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions   Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions  

Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions   Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions  

Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions   Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Emil Voos. HJ Knife Opinions
    P
    Many

Hi Jerry ..HJ knife is by Emil Voos Co of Solingen....I edited your title from EVS.

Your HJ knife is all authentic..but the blade has been ground down..and yes it is an Early period type.

Other thoughts and opinions welcome. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice quality Voos! I had one with no sheath I used for deer hunting as a kid, and held a great edge!

Someone has given it a clean up, rust removed and as Larry points out the blade edge is reground, but it's not excessive overwork. These knives are available from relic condition to mint out of the box (owned by a bookish HJ member). Really comes down to what your budget allows and your preference for perfection versus patina. I like patina and the idea that some pimply kid has thrown the knife at a tree with a disregard that would have shocked his mother.

?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Nice quality Voos! I had one with no sheath I used for deer hunting as a kid, and held a great edge!
    I have a different opinion about when to call it a "nice quality" knife.
    IMO this is a very worn salty knife, this early thinblade is an original as stated but to me in a poor condition.

Ger

Thanks for the comments. I figured that $50 I couldn't go wrong. It's definitely not one of the prettiest ones I've ever owned. If I remember right, Voos blades are not as common as others.

$50? You have done well. If you wanted to sell, you could probably triple your money very easily.

?

For 50 dollars anyone would take it
    Very well done!

Ger

?

Bargain Jerry

Ive seen a lot worse hjs for much more cash

Best Mac 66