Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Knife

Article about: Hi guys, I don't often look for daggers, but I am particularly interested in this piece. From all of the reseach I have done, it looks good to me. Nickel-plated stainless steel, good patina

Default Hitler Youth Knife

Hi guys,

I don't often look for daggers, but I am particularly interested in this piece. From all of the reseach I have done, it looks good to me. Nickel-plated stainless steel, good patina and wear, etc. Could I please get your opinions on it?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife   Hitler Youth Knife  

Hitler Youth Knife   Hitler Youth Knife  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hitler Youth Knife

Any markings left on the blade?

An unusual green snap on the hanger, but an original Transitional knife. The small enamel damage to the diamond just adds to it's character, I think.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your responses! There are no markings on the blade. I suppose that would make it a wartime piece?

Hey Mo, can you shoot 1 more photo of the inside of the snap button on male and female ? I think the Knife looks good,, but I just want to see the snap button. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Genuine late war hj knife with nickle plated zinc hilt, the blade most likely had an ink RZM stamp that has worn off due to use & buffing similar to the 2 pix i have added,

Never seen the green button before but it was most likely black to start with & worn thru to green ?

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife   Hitler Youth Knife  

An interesting variation, they stopped series civilian production early in 1942 to concentrate on military production. With the pebbled calfskin leather (the backstrap) also seen with some holsters and bayonet frogs. And the green snap button something of a mystery, with brass components on various and sundry period items sometimes getting a green (verdigris) coating. Or if it's magnetic maybe somebody painted it? FP

Thank you all for your responses. I think I'll buy it! I will post a photo of the snap when it arrives.

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    An interesting variation, they stopped series civilian production early in 1942 to concentrate on military production.
    Hi FP, Yes, I have heard collectors say that production of the HJ knife was discontinued in 1942 but have never seen any period evidence of this. I have always wondered where that date came from..?

?

Like stated above a nice genuine Hj knife.
    The pebbled leather of the scabbard matches the late zinq alloy production of the knife with its rzzm diamond.
    a nice matching piece!
    The green button would prob. has lost its brown plastic cover
    i agree with mac, it would have had an inkstamp.

Cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast