Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!

Article about: I have a chance to buy this HJ knife, but I want some opinions on to whether or not it is real and also to a decent price to offer. I think the blade has been worked--sharpened--or something

Default Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!

I have a chance to buy this HJ knife, but I want some opinions on to whether or not it is real and also to a decent price to offer. I think the blade has been worked--sharpened--or something because the wording is gone! But, any opinions would be great. thanks!

Bill
    Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!   Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Knife HJ knife--chance to buy...Want opinions PLEASE!

If this is an original, which it appears to be, it will have no motto because it is
    a later example. RZM models do not carry the 'Blut und Ehre' etching.

The pics are not the greatest, but neither are my eyes..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hmmm....I did not know that! Learn something new every day! Are they more rare than the 'motto versions'? I need to make an offer on the knife, but I have no idea what to offer! I want it for my collection if it is real. thanks!

The knife is fine. As Steve points out it is a late model (1938-45) and as such would not have a motto. It was made by F.W.Holler of Solingen as shown on the reverse ricasso. A dealer price for one in this condition which appears to be in a fair state, would be between $450-$525 approx. Less if a private purchase.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The motto was discontinued before the war - 1938 - I believe.
    They are not rare, just a different/later type.

Please wait for a few more responses and hear what some
    others have to say about it. This one is in excellent
    condition...........!

( I have an earlier one which I paid $380 about 6 or 7 years
    ago, but prices are likely higher today )

Thanks, Ned !
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys! Yes, I will wait for a few more responses before I shoot an offer. The seller (private purchase) said they saw these listed for around $600---which I thought was WAY too high! I want to pay a fair price, but not over pay either! I also wasnt' sure if this would be considered in "good" , "fair", or "great" condition. Thanks again and hopefully I will get a few more responses

?

hi bill, its an original hj knife in fine condition. prices have risen sharply over the last few years on hj knifes. but $600 is very high. personally for a private sale i would pay no more than $350 ,its a very common knife ,no need to fork out over the odds as plenty of examples around. .....cheers paul