Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Knife M7/68

Article about: Thought I would post my new HJ knife for your consideration. It is a late war RZM M7/68 (Tiger) in really good condition, except for the paint missing on the scabbard. I did a lot of researc

Default Hitler Youth Knife M7/68

Thought I would post my new HJ knife for your consideration. It is a late war RZM M7/68 (Tiger) in really good condition, except for the paint missing on the scabbard. I did a lot of research before I made the purchase, and hope I made out good. The diamond does not match up with the checkering on the grips (a good sign) and there is enough period wear to the hilt and where the leather retaining strap secured the knife. The dagger is perfect IMHO except for the obvious reason, the wear to the scabbard. The question I have is whether I should buy another scabbard with the original paint to replace the current one or just leave it. Some people paint them which I couldn't bring myself to do as it, in my opinion, destroys the piece. Thanks for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife M7/68   Hitler Youth Knife M7/68  

Hitler Youth Knife M7/68   Hitler Youth Knife M7/68  

Hitler Youth Knife M7/68  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife M7/68
    P
    Many

?

I would let the scabbard.
    the knife is in my opinion ok
    are the grinding marks under the RZM Manufacturer?Hitler Youth Knife M7/68

greeting

If the scabbard was just severely worn I would agree with you to leave it alone but this one has been cleaned back to bare metal so if it were me, I'd try to repaint the scabbard and then age it appropriately.

How would one go about aging the scabbard?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If the scabbard was just severely worn I would agree with you to leave it alone but this one has been cleaned back to bare metal so if it were me, I'd try to repaint the scabbard and then age it appropriately.
    Thanks for the input Glenn. I just finished the paint job and it looks AMAZING, you almost can't tell that the paint is new since the knife is in such good shape. It's drying now, but I will upload pics once it is completely dry.

Well, here's the finished product! There is some paint running on the back but not much. I took great caution not to get any paint on the leather. IMO it looks great or at least a lot better than the bare metal . Sorry if the pics are a little blurry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife M7/68   Hitler Youth Knife M7/68  

?

Warbuff,

The scabbard on your Tiger hj belongs on a Eickhorn hj because of the rounded tip which is an Eickhorn feature/product, so you could look for a better scabbard with genuine paint with a more pointed tip would suit your nice hj better imo.

Br Mac 66.

As far as I know there are no specific characteristics attributed to the different makers, so the scabbard is not an issue to me.

?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    As far as I know there are no specific characteristics attributed to the different makers, so the scabbard is not an issue to me.

As i said the scabbard with rounded tip belongs on an Eickhorn hj, ask John Z over on WAF or German Daggers forum as he collects Eickhorn hjs & daggers ect, rounded scabbard tip is an Eickhorn hj knife scabbard feature.

?

I used to have an extra original scabbard, I would have given it to ya, but I let it go already. If I run across another I will PM you & get your address. I have seen original scabbards out there before.

Good luck
    Curt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast