Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?

Article about: I have attached images of Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36. Wondering if anyone know if this is real or fake? Seems to have a gold finish and does not seem authentic to me

?

Default Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?

I have attached images of Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36. Wondering if anyone know if this is real or fake? Seems to have a gold finish and does not seem authentic to me

Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?
    P
    Many

Better photo please of the upper scabbard fitting would help. Some of the other details are not promising.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry, I am going to ask the seller for more details. But the fact that you say its not promising has me doubting anyway :-). But has anyone come across a gold finish?

?

Hi Larry,

The guy says that he's got the Czerny European auction house certificate of authenticity. has anyone heard of this and how reputable and genuine are they?

Thanks

MAP
    ?

I don't know this auction house so don't know their reputation but generally a COA is as we like to say, worth the paper it is written on. That is, buy the item. COA's are notoriously hard to use as support and the wording of COA's are generally very loosely written even if it "guarantees the originality" of the item. If the broader collecting community deems an item fake the issuer can always counter and say that they still deem the item to be original. That leaves you with a legal battle that will probably cost more than the item...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Not a fan of the diamond rune on the top of pommel. Swastika seems thinned out compared to original pieces I have seen. Also not a fan of the more bulbous nature of the wire thread wrapped golden hilt. The one in picture below is much more uniform hilt in its shape. See if the seller can provide better photos of the adler on scabbard throat like Larry suggested. I am not sure of the gold plating as well. Overall this one has more red flags than green ones to me. I would think they would have taken been pictures and more pictures of the daggers key components. Would want more up close pictures of everything. I may be over analyzing this one. I have always been skeptical of the Hitler Youth Leader in General as they are knocked off a lot as well.

Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?Hitler Youth Leader dagger RZM M7/36 with gold finish real or fake?
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com