Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion

Article about: This questionable dagger is being offered on Germania International site Third Reich; Hitler Youth but they are not claiming it is authentic as they are not sure themselves,,but read their b

Default Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion

This questionable dagger is being offered on Germania International site Third Reich; Hitler Youth
    but they are not claiming it is authentic as they are not sure themselves,,but read their bio on how they found it. I bring it here for discussion only of authenticity and thoughts. No attacks shall be made towards Germania International as they are not offering as "authentic"

What are our thoughts on this supposed HJ leader prototype dagger? Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion   Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  

Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion   Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  

Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion   Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  

Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Leader Prototype dagger?....for discussion
    P
    Many

?

My one thought here is , would they use a standard Heer scabbard in a prototype dagger for a presumably high position within the HJ, or design a completely different one with engravings to denote HJ, it seems that it should be better thought out, why design a hereto unknown dagger and place it in an ordinary scabbard, there's a fair amount of doubt in my mind

Not for me. It appears to have a hotch potch of parts from Heer scabbard to Diplomatic dagger fittings and a 1st pattern Luftwaffe suspension chain. The grip looks a bit offish with the wire wrapping around it not appearing to be secured by a brad screw in the pommel cap as all other genuine types do. The majority of the swastikas look rather rounded around the edges which is a sign of no finishing and cheap casting. And the stippling on the crossguard around the eagles wings looks rubbish to me. This would have been hand finished and not cast into the guard as it can easily be seen is the case here and on the bird's breast feathers. Remember, this is a supposed prototype, it should look superb.

There are other things too like the lack of an etched blade motto and the fact it's not RZM marked as all others i've seen are, but I guess you could write that off under the excuse of this being a prototype, and hence neither here nor there. Finally, the fact that the James P. Attwood book is invoked in the advertisement as an example explaining the facts around the making of one off prototype daggers is enough to make me run a mile.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The mixed bag of parts as you say Ned..I feel the same way..what is really noticeable is the lack of quality on the eagle crossguard..especially the pebbling...which is common with most Chinese fakes...the logo looks like a standard engraving job..and the Birds eye..is just a hole.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

An odd looking duck.

Good points by the previous posters IMO.

Agreeing with the above posters about the lack of quality plus - so it seems that my wallet will stay safely in my pocket. Fred

?

OMG.......Only focus on the ugly looking Eagle...or what has to looks like one, im not sure what kind of species it is, LOL
    We dont need to look at the rest.
    A daggerproducer who came with a dagger that has such a duck on its guard would instantly being executed for disrespect of the Third Reich.

Cheerssssssssssssssss
    Ger

Eagle looks like a pineapple with a turkey head on it lol

?

No, i do not get a good feeling looking at this piece.

So??.......As Julilus Ceaser motioned with his hand................if it stays here on this forum......OR!!!........... destined to the circular file of the "Best Of the Worst?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast