Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Article about: Hi Eddie, the one grip plate looks like it has a chip in it. Maybe the grip is good. I can not tell from the photos as like you said the grip looks shiny. My point is , like you said it woul

Default Re: HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Hi Eddie, the one grip plate looks like it has a chip in it. Maybe the grip is good. I can not tell from the photos as like you said the grip looks shiny. My point is , like you said it would of been alot of time and effort to take the plates off to replace the diamond. Maybe its just the diamond that was replaced. Just a thought! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?
    P
    Many

I think it is an original blade with fake bakelite plates and fake diamond.

?

Hi guys, thanks again for all the replies! I'm including some slightly better daylight pictures, it was kinda cloudy today, so not a whole lot better... Here's some pics of the new knife with my other HJ that is missing it's diamond for a comparison. I noticed that the blade on the knife with the bad diamond is a little loose, while the blade on my other knife is rock hard solid. Another thing is that the brass rivets on the knife with the bad diamond stick out a bit more and don't seem as "melted in" as you'd like. Could be just a different maker thing, not really sure, but it's not promising. Could be that the grips were replaced too, I really can't tell.

HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?HJ dagger with replaced fake diamond?

Thanks for showing these Eddie,, these make for great comparison study! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Eddie, both knifes have origional griplates & solid nickle rivets,
    the griplates are worn on the one with the missing daimond with heavy use imo,
    pity about the repro daimond,

Regards Mac 66.

lose diamond good, glued in diamond bad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2