Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ dagger Strange gothic etching

Article about: hello i have an opportuinty to buy an attached dagger,but i have dounts about this piece.especially the gothic etching.i've never seen any etching like this but i'm not certain that they don

Default HJ dagger Strange gothic etching

hello i have an opportuinty to buy an attached dagger,but i have dobts about this piece.especially the gothic etching.i've never seen any etching like this but i'm not certain that they dont exist.the badge is moving.Can You help me?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ dagger Strange gothic etching   HJ dagger Strange gothic etching  

HJ dagger Strange gothic etching   HJ dagger Strange gothic etching  

HJ dagger Strange gothic etching   HJ dagger Strange gothic etching  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ dagger Strange gothic etching
    P
    Many

Etching is Blut und Ehre. That was placed on these knives. No makers mark, or any kind of markings that I can see. I think it's a fake but I don't know a lot about these, wait for more comments.

Jay

JMM
    ?

Never seen this kind of letters on theses knifes besides the blade looks a bit shorter than usual (maybe is the pic). I think sitges1990 is right about considering it a fake but lets wait for the experts opinions

I've seen this etching before on a Hubertus Solingen marked HJ knife, not sure Hubertus made knives before or during the war (but certainly post war still in business ) so I believe the etching to be a post war add on certainly not Baldur von Schiraches hand writing ,Regards,Paul

Wait for Mac66,.. Stingray Ivan and Gerrit to chime in on this.

My mind is blank on the Identity of Hubertus. I think this is not the Company name..but I know the Hubertus name. What is there alter ID?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

After a bit of digging around I find that pre & during wartime Hubertus went under the name of Kuno Ritter RZM M7/3 I believe. Although the knife that started this thread is not marked up as this the fact that I know of another knife that is (post war Hubertus) I believe the etching to be fake but as the diamond "wiggles" ,possibly the etch has been added to an original unmarked Knife ? regards ,Paul

?

This knife seems to me to be post war produced with added bogus motto !

The hilt seems to made from Aluminium going by the pix, should be steel or Zinc !

Most likely had the diamond insignia added as well, the pix are not the best but this is what i see.

Regards Mac 66

I saw one of these a couple of weeks ago at a valuation day I was attending. The late collector who's items I was appraising for the family had a mixture of good and bad. This was bad in my opinion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ok thank You very much for the opinions.i will pass the buy and sve my money.
    thank You all one more time.best regards