Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

HJ Knife with strange Inscription

Article about: I won't be much help Peter , I've had mine for 20+ years and can't remember what i payed ( not much ) . But I'm sure someone here will have some idea and will be able to help . Good luck as

CBH
    ?

Thank you kindly for the photos, I'll have to attempt to take some new ones myself.
    Great to see another example, all examples seen so far were in Used condition.
    Boys will be Boys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife with strange Inscription
    P
    Many

?

This one came up for sale, of course a M7/13 but with a different institute name: Staatlicher Aufbaulehrgang Ermland
    There were a few of these schools.

Regards
    Ger
    HJ Knife with strange InscriptionHJ Knife with strange InscriptionHJ Knife with strange InscriptionHJ Knife with strange InscriptionHJ Knife with strange Inscription

What a great addition to the thread Ger. That's five of these HJ's identified, though your one is from a different school. It would appear either Schuttelhofer was the only maker sold in the locality or they obtained a contract to supply all these variants. Hopefully more will come to light.

An interesting knife, given the low resolution of many of the images it's hard to say with certainty - but what I seem to be seeing is a blend of marking technologies: The blade most likely etched, the RZM stamped, and the "Staatlicher Aufbaulehrgang Ermland" a series of connected dots. Are these the only images available? Best Regards, Fred

?

Fred as far as i can see its like it should.
    etched Motto, only one maker had a stamped one.
    stamped blade logo as that is what Schuttelhofe did and a not so good etched Ermland marking, which for sure is etched.

Best
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Fred as far as i can see its like it should.
    etched Motto, only one maker had a stamped one.
    stamped blade logo as that is what Schuttelhofe did and a not so good etched Ermland marking, which for sure is etched.

Best
    Ger
    Ger, It may be etched as you say, but for me it would be one to take out into the sunlight for a much closer inspection. One of things that inspired my comments being that the marking appears to be fairly deep and darker, but there are a number of bright steaks inside the letters that if acid etched I think should be less reflective. I'm always learning things and examining examples so for me it's a part of my continuing education. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife with strange Inscription  

My thoughts would be the knife was as stamped as it should leaving the Arthur Schuttlehoffer Co. and being exported to the Netherlands to be etched and distributed.

The Asso Co. always had a deep etch with their HJ knives.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Superb thread.

You learn some thing new every day. Great research here.

CBH
    ?

Here are a couple of new photos of the etching on my dagger, I could get a better close up if required.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife with strange Inscription   HJ Knife with strange Inscription  

?

Gentlemen,
    thanks for this interesting topic, the item is really great. Since a friend of mine is currently working on a book on HJ edged weapon, I`d like to ask owners of this rare item to provide him with images of high quality of this knife, if you don`t mind sharing them. Full credit to owners is guaranteed and we`d really appreciate your contribution.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast