Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56

Article about: My pre-Christmas "flea market find" was this, my first ever HJ camp knife, marked M7/56. Though nothing special to look at, I liked it for its unquestionable authenticity as well a

Default HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56

My pre-Christmas "flea market find" was this, my first ever HJ camp knife, marked M7/56. Though nothing special to look at, I liked it for its unquestionable authenticity as well as its very reasonable price, since these things seem to have "gone thgrough the roof" from what I remember forty years ago when I was first dabbling in TR items. Unfortunately, the tabs are both torn and the snap completely missing, and a 3/4" chip in the grip plate has been at some time glued back into place. But the blade hasn't been sharpened, shows some original cross-graining, and is only slightly loose; and though "bubbling" and somewhat discolored, the plating seems intact. The scabbard was pretty rusty when I got it, but CAREFUL cleaning removed the rust without taking any more of the paint. Overall, I think it's a sound, respectable example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56   HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56  

HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56   HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56  

HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56

Hi James, I would agree with you assesment. A good buy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

James,

As you say, a good honest hj knife at a fair price,

Regards Mac 66.

?

As you stated:its clear to see its realy been there

Luckily the diamond survived in 1 piece and looks great!

Enjoy your first "Messer"

Ger

and Mac...you know what my next SA dagger to post will be.....you've seen it fly by (it was the first of the 2) ....towards me

?

Ger

and Mac...you know what my next SA dagger to post will be.....you've seen it fly by (it was the first of the 2) ....towards me [/QUOTE]

Ger,

i cant remember the SAs but it will be good to see your next peice

Cheers Mac 66.

?

Hi Mac,

a little teaser

Ger

HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56
    HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56
    HJ Fahrtenmesser M7/56

?

[QUOTE=gerrit;767637]Hi Mac,

a little teaser

Ger

Aha, Herman aka Victormans SAs

looks great , Congrats

Cheers Mac 66.

,,,thats where I saw that!! Very nice Gerrit.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill