Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HJ Fahrtenmesser by WKC dual maker marked

Article about: This is as late as they come with full maker logo & Motto. Dual maker marked blades are not eay to find and i love this one! It has the later type scabbard with its typical bubbling that

?

good work avenger!

regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fahrtenmesser by WKC dual maker marked
    P
    Many

Mac66's knife with mine animated as an overlay over it. Aside from a few very small differences in line thickness on the etch here and there, these two match even more than Maxxs's does, as his exclamation mark is a little off from mine.

Animated (hosted) image:

Static image for the forum archive:

Last edited by avenger; 02-05-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Impressive and great detective work Scott
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's been a while since I've hung out in the edged weapons section. Hope you all are doing well!

I've been passively watching for an all original scabbard for this knife, not to replace the one it has necessarily, but to go with it. This one came up today, and I was hoping to get opinions on if it would be a proper pairing for the knife by period and condition.

Thanks gents!

Hi Scott ..interesting scabbard....it appears to be anodized?? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry! Good to hear from you my friend.

I'm afraid I have no idea if it's anodized or otherwise. I just have the photos, and I don't think I could tell it from paint from them. It's one D.D. Harris who has been helping me look had come in his shop. Did some makers anodize them, and would that be a good thing?

I never seen Anodized HJ scabbards as they were all painted. There are no producers that I know of that performed this process..and I know Stingray..or mac could give you a more precise answer..great to see you posting . Best Regards Larry

Thanks Larry. When in doubt, ask. I'll see what Mr. Harris says.

Well,Larry, this time you're wrong, there are many anodized scabbards around,mostly on early and transitional knives,i would say till 1937.
    EPack is one of the maker who used them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast