Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewiev

Article about: Hi Guys, Long time since I had a new knife . Postie came with this one today. M7/6 Lauterjung, no motto knife . Knife is in excellent condition, blade with 100% crossgrain only a few faint g

Default HJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewiev

Hi Guys,

Long time since I had a new knife .

Postie came with this one today.

M7/6 Lauterjung, no motto knife .
    Knife is in excellent condition, blade with 100% crossgrain only a few faint grey stains to it.
    Handle 100% too, with only a bit og matting where the leather retaining strap is placed. Enamel badge is flawless.
    Personally I´m very pleased with this one even though it is a no motto knife .
    Sheath has only minor wear to the tip.
    I know money is more or less a no go here, but I payed 430 Euros for this one :-/ Would it be considered a fair price for a knife in this condition from this maker ??

Last question : Could anyone please give me an approximate year og making of this one ??

Any comments are much appreciated , thanks.

MFG
    Marc
    HJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewievHJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewiev

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fartenmesser M7/6 Lauterjung for rewiev
    P
    Many

Hi Markie Marc ...beautiful condition knife. This knife production would fall between 1936-39.

Not too commonly found is this Lauterjung producer. I would say you done well in this find. The price range IMO is fair..but wait for HJ Gents to key down on pricing and ore details. Nice find.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    This knife production would fall between 1936-39. Regards Larry
    Where did you get 1936, Larry?

In the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt des Jugendführers ded Deutschen Reichs und Reichsjugendführung der NSDAP"
    number VI/16 from August 19, 1938 it is said on page 293: "Das HJ-Fahrtenmesser wird jetzt ohne die auf der
    Klinge angebrachte Aufschrift "Blut und Ehre" hergestellt und geliefert
    ". "Jetzt" means now!!
    Old stocks were allowed to be sold. New daggers had to be without the motto!! Assume this dagger was not manufactured before 1939.

Likewise it was said in:

JMM
    ?

Beautiful knife in great condition. Maybe a bit pricey IMO for a no motto one. But as Larry said let's wait for the HJ experts on price

?

Hi Marc,

Thats a very nice conditioned dual marked Lauterjung hj knife

i think you over paid for it a little, if i was selling it my price would be 350 euro max

its a nice keeper so do not bother if you paid a little more for it, i have over paid for things i really wanted

Congrats !!!

Best Mac 66.

No complaints on this one. It's a beauty and seldom found in such fine shape. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for! A good find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Where did you get 1936, Larry?

In the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt des Jugendführers ded Deutschen Reichs und Reichsjugendführung der NSDAP"
    number VI/16 from August 19, 1938 it is said on page 293: "Das HJ-Fahrtenmesser wird jetzt ohne die auf der
    Klinge angebrachte Aufschrift "Blut und Ehre" hergestellt und geliefert
    ". "Jetzt" means now!!
    Old stocks were allowed to be sold. New daggers had to be without the motto!! Assume this dagger was not manufactured before 1939.

Likewise it was said in:

Thankyou Wim ..but in regards not of the motto types..but in regards of when the ricasso appeared on these knives.
    Mid period production with ricasso started in 1936.....with all due respect towards you and the seasoned HJ Knife collectors.. I would like to hear their thoughts on the production of the ricasso type knives..verses the early non ricasso types

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-16-2016 at 03:23 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I thought you meant the disappearing of the motto Larry!

I should of been more clear in my reply.....yet my thoughts were geared to the changes that affected the look of the knives.... ( shortened grind process leaving that ricasso "block' )........and in some cases the beginning of many knives without the motto. My apologies for any confusion .

Regards Larry

Maybe I can be of some help. Thanks for the explanation with the PM, Larry.

This I found about the change for the blade, published in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM"
    from May 23, 1936. It is noted that with issue 9 the manufacturings-regulations told
    about the change. This I do not have seperately, but I have it in the manufacturing-regulation
    (Herstellungsvorschriften der RZM) from 1936. The drawing with page 111 shows
    the "ricasso"!

The change and renewed manufacturing-regulation were annnounced late May. The change
    had to be effective October 1, 1936.

I think with this your question Larry: "Mid period production with ricasso started in 1936.....
    I would like to hear their thoughts on the production of the ricasso type knives.....verses the
    early non ricasso types
    ", is being solved!! Hope I did understand now what was meant....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast