MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Fuhrer Dolch: Real or fake?

Article about: Hello , i need help with this item , is it real or fake?Also what is an estimated value?Thank you!

Default HJ Fuhrer Dolch: Real or fake?

Hello , i need help with this item , is it real or fake?Also what is an estimated value?Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fuhrer Dolch: Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Real Or Fake what Jasper ? What kind of knife is this ?
    A little title help for the community and the search engines that lead readers to this site would help.
    Sorry to be brash..but you have been here 2 years and should know better by now.

Need photos of top of pommel and " front side " of upper scabbard fitting please

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If these are all the photos you can get of this knife ..then details that may lead to authenticity will be limited or you could use the forums search engine and compare with other examples.

More photos please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    If these are all the photos you can get of this knife ..then details that may lead to authenticity will be limited or you could use the forums search engine and compare with other examples.

More photos please
    You are right , no worries im by no mean offended.Unfortunatelly these was the best photos i could get at the time.
    Thank you.

?

Is that all you can Jaspar?
    Ask if its real and its value?
    Try to learn and look at all the great reference daggers that are posted here!
    Learn instead of ask and being lazy

Ger

Jasper,

At some point are you going to do research on your own? There are many folks on here who are willing to help but you seem to be taking advantage of every one of us by not doing your own investigating.. and for the last time WE DO NOT APPRAISE ITEMS HERE... Are you a collector of Third Reich blades? If so, I would strongly suggest that you purchase some reference material and inform yourself instead of having others do all your work for you..

I don't mind helping someone but at one point you need to leave the nest and fly on your own... so to speak...

Smitty

I find it very difficult to recognise if an antique item is real or fake , no matter how much research i do, i dont know the differences that make an item authentic.Now about the value i ask because i dont know the names of the aforementioned items (there is google you know).Finally i am very dissapointed in this community (this doesnt go for all of course but for those that call people lazy or that they are being taken advantage of , when someone asks if something is real or fake).Very bad forum , no future here.Goodbye and thanks for all of those who helped me , i am grateful!

Quote by jaspar4 View Post
    I find it very difficult to recognise if an antique item is real or fake , no matter how much research i do, i dont know the differences that make an item authentic.Now about the value i ask because i dont know the names of the aforementioned items (there is google you know).Finally i am very dissapointed in this community (this doesnt go for all of course but for those that call people lazy or that they are being taken advantage of , when someone asks if something is real or fake).Very bad forum , no future here.Goodbye and thanks for all of those who helped me , i am grateful!
    Did somebody say something?

No? Must just be the wind in the trees
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

For once, I'll agree on this forum being rude. I understand he has been here for two years and should know better, but you can tell from his posts that he was not the most active member (27 posts!) and probably didn't just snoop around on his own. So many other people ask the very same question, and nobody responds in the same manner as you guys have done here by calling them lazy or anything like that. Normally, I'd be with you guys on this matter but your responses here were not the most respectful. If he was lazy, then that would make me and a few others EXTREMELY lazy. Everyone starts somewhere, and jasp didn't seem as much of a die hard collector as others I have seen, so he probably was still in his early stages and had trouble with it. (Again, his forum posts show he wasn't that dedicated. Only 27 posts!). I very seldom say this, but shame on all of you..

The simple fact of the matter is, if a collector lacks the drive to improve their own knowledge, they will not get very far in this hobby.

While the response of others here was a little bit terse, it was not incorrect. Every single member here, however much or however little they know, has accrued that knowledge over many years of collecting, handling and studying authentic items. It takes time to build a knowledge base. Nobody knows everything from the start, and those who accept that and commit themselves to further study are the ones that survive in the world of militaria collecting.

Coming in and asking 'Real or fake? Estimated Value?' gives the message, whether intentional or not, that the person has little interest in working hard to improve their knowledge, and that they expect others to do the legwork for them. Whether that was Jaspar's mindset or not -- I personally do not believe it was -- that is how it comes across to members here who have seen those same 'Fake/real/value' posts time and again. When something becomes tiresome, it grates. And when it grates, it produces the kind of responses we have seen here.

Really, one mustn't beat around the bush when it comes to getting the message across. If you rely on the knowledge of others, you will not get anywhere in this hobby. Knowledge is key, and you do not gain knowledge with posts like the ones seen above.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast