Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ knife

Article about: Apologies for the poor photo. I am going to an auction tonight that has this HJ knife and this is the only photo I got. Is there anything glaringly wrong that anyone can detect from this pho

?

Default HJ knife

Apologies for the poor photo. I am going to an auction tonight that has this HJ knife and this is the only photo I got. Is there anything glaringly wrong that anyone can detect from this photo? I've read that real HJ knives have some play on the HJ diamond and fakes do not since they are glued on. Is there anything else I should know that would indicate a fake or repro knife? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ knife

It looks promising, but i really need much better photos.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Hi Pablo,

This looks to be a genuine early no ricasso hj knife, i cant see any problems with this only photo,

Not all diamonds have movement on genuine knifes as it all depends how tightly the diamond prongs were secured at the rear of the griplate, just have a close look at it to see if you can see any signs of glue, if the diamond has movement that is a good sign

Regards Mac 66.

?

This knife looks OK to me.

These early knifes should be magnetic and the blut und ehre should be etched into the blade, if you run your finger nail over the writing you should be able to feel it.

Looks ok, an early one, but do not overpay, especially without a scabbard this should be in the range of 150 IMO

?

Thanks for the comments. For $45, this is what I got. Unfortunately one of the grip side is missing. But it still displays nicely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife  

Still a bargain for 45, if you would like a scabbard or grip plate check out ddsdaggers.com he sells hj scabbards and may have a plate if you ask.

?

Congrats Pablo !

You got a bargain at $45 for this early Tiger hj

The small diamond Alone is worth $100

As said ddsdaggers.com might be able to help you out on the griplate & scabbard .

Regards Mac 66.

?

$45 is a steal, congrats on a great knife.

You done well Pablo..congrats on an early and reasonably priced HJ. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast