Become our sponsor and display your banner here

HJ knife???

Article about: Is this "HJ Knife" ok? The diamond seems a bit beat up and there is no "Blut und Ehre" inscription on the blade. What have I got? Thanks.

?

Default HJ knife???

Is this "HJ Knife" ok? The diamond seems a bit beat up and there is no "Blut und Ehre" inscription on the blade. What have I got? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hj  knife.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	525207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1747.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	525208  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diamond1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	525206  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ knife???

Some times people try to polish the blade but de-value the knife because the inscription gets rubbed away

Hi Pablo..the diamond looks ok and the transitional maker is one I have not seen yet..but wait for other opinions. Mac66 can give a better assessment on it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Only some transitional pieces have the "Blut Und Ehre" inscription, you have a plain blade version from a maker I never heard of either, does the diamond wiggle when you tap it? do you have the scabbard to show also?

?

Here's pics of the scabbard. The diamond is pretty secure, i.e. it doesn't wiggle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1749.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	525250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1748.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	525249  

The scabbard looks good, shame about the paint loss but its original, not all diamonds wiggle but it is usually a good sign if they do, yours is either secured tightly or post war glued in, see if you can look between the grips and the handle, hold it up to a light, if there is a gap there sometimes you can see the prongs of the back of the diamond inside.

?

Nice late Original Linder transitional.
    This one comes without the Motto.
    The earlier Transitional has a Motto and the little diamond.
    Easy to see its a late transitinal here: It has the RZM type Diamond, and its not uncommon it doesnt wiggle, see our tread about Diamonds here in de HJ section.
    Just to let you all compare i include a picture of LST of an early Linder with Motto and the small diamond.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HJ-7010d.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	525275
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-14-2013 at 12:33 PM.

?

Hi Pablo,

I agree with everything the guys have said in there posts about your hj knife

These Transitional C&R Linder hjs are not a maker we see everyday, so there few & far between imo.

Regards Mac 66.