Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ knife

Article about: I have not held this hand as of yet . The photos I have are not the best. My question or concern is the rivet style on the rear of the scabbard that holds the sheath to the leather. They loo

?

Default HJ knife

I have not held this hand as of yet . The photos I have are not the best. My question or concern is the rivet style on the rear of the scabbard that holds the sheath to the leather. They look off to me. The front button looks in correct. So my thought is it may be an original knife with a repro scabbard. I hope I am wrong though. What are your thoughts folks? I am waiting for pictures of the rear of the blade. I like the looks of the handle, diamond placement and motto. I can't make out the RZM completely (perhaps M7/2 Emil Voos 1937)

Best,
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife   HJ knife  

HJ knife   HJ knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife
    P
    Many

Hi Anzel..that scabbard IMO does not belong with the knife as period HJ scabbards did not have that lip on the scabbard opening. Wait for other comments. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good point Larry. I did not notice the lip on it. So focused on the rivets on the rear. The leather under the crossguard looks a little bulky as well.

?

Stay away from this RZM M7/2 1937 Emil Voos Reproduction hj knife

Red Flags > Scabbard lip, leather hanger & rivets, RZM M7/2 1937 stamp on the same side as the motto, shape of the hilt, griplate pattern, the scabbard on these Repros are made of Alloy & a genuine scabbard is made of steel.

I,m sure you can buy these Repro hjs today for less than $100.

Regards Mac 66.

?

Mac 66,
    Thanks for confirming my thought it was bad. The grip and motto looked decent the scabbard seemed bad to me. I will run from this one, this is not the diamond in the rough.
    Best,
    Anzel

?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Mac 66,
    Thanks for confirming my thought it was bad. The grip and motto looked decent the scabbard seemed bad to me. I will run from this one, this is not the diamond in the rough.
    Best,
    Anzel

Hi Anzel,

No probs buddy glad to help.

Best Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Stay away from this RZM M7/2 1937 Emil Voos Reproduction hj knife

Red Flags > Scabbard lip, leather hanger & rivets, RZM M7/2 1937 stamp on the same side as the motto, shape of the hilt, griplate pattern, the scabbard on these Repros are made of Alloy & a genuine scabbard is made of steel.

I,m sure you can buy these Repro hjs today for less than $100.

Regards Mac 66.
    More like under $25

Purchase Online Discounted : HITLER YOUTH KNIFE:World War II Reproductions | Germany Word War II Reproductions

Its 100% replica but what I find interesting is how aged this piece looks. Just shows how long these pieces have been about now.

The other thing to note is it appears to have crossgraining so not even this is good enough to go on now.

?

Thank you guys so much for this thread. I almost purchased one of these from a DEALER. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Probably the best find to be attained in this hobby is the satisfaction of these threads making a difference in someones life. Its why these and many other forums exist.

The Thankyou goes further and is more valuable than what has already been listed of items forsale. THANKYOU Wick

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast