Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard

Article about: I picked this one up and find the plastic hanger unusual as well as the unmarked knife. Ive searched forum and found that some later knives had plastic hangers and the manufacturer markings

Default HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard

I picked this one up and find the plastic hanger unusual as well as the unmarked knife. Ive searched forum and found that some later knives had plastic hangers and the manufacturer markings were stamped and could wear off. Do I have an original knife?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard   HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard  

HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard   HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard  

HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard   HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife no maker mark; plastic hanger on scabbard
    P
    Many

Looks OK. Some late war HJ's were unmarked and the plastic hangers do come in late war, maybe around 1942. Both Carl Kaldenbach and WKC are associated with these plastic hanger scabbards. Some of the Kaldenbach (M7/72) knives have only a very lightly etched RZM code which can be lost to time. I was curious at the bare metal on the scabbard, but I see now someone has taken to it with sandpaper probably to remove rust.

I took a chance on it on ebay (not able to see side with the diamond). Seller said "from fathers war memorbilia. He told me he got this in Germany on patrol".
    Joe

?

Anderson pretty much nailed this one

Condition is not the best but ive seen far worse, as long as the price was right

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Anderson pretty much nailed this one

Condition is not the best but ive seen far worse, as long as the price was right
    Yes was able to get for very good price; it was one of those ebay listings that was not obvious - "wwII german soldier knife with shield".