Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Knife for Opinions, Please

Article about: This one is for sale locally. I have not seen it in hand. After some communication I received these photos. Does this one stand a chance? I'm not all that familiar and I told the seller I wo

Default HJ Knife for Opinions, Please

This one is for sale locally. I have not seen it in hand. After some communication I received these photos. Does this one stand a chance? I'm not all that familiar and I told the seller I would get back to him today, but I just got home Thanks for the help

*Many apologies for the horrible pics. I've been corresponding with the seller all day and haven't really been able to explain how to take good photos, so he took them on his iPhone. Sorry!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife for Opinions, Please   HJ Knife for Opinions, Please  

HJ Knife for Opinions, Please   HJ Knife for Opinions, Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife for Opinions, Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Knife for Opinions, Please

It looks fine to me, original scabbard with paint loss, late model style, RZM code is maker Kuno Ritter, Solingen-Grafrath. ask him if the diamond wiggles when he taps if, if it does then I would feel pretty confident picking this one up.
    P.S- some diamonds dont wiggle and they are still good, but most of them do and thats a good indicator of a real one.

Thanks Maximus. Can anyone else chime in on short notice? Seller has another interested party but is giving me first chance.

I agree with the above...looks good.
    cheers, Glenn

It's a nice one, I would guess probably made around 1938 or sometime thereafter.

Seller says the diamond is firm and secure. He also said it was around a '38.

It looks fine. Not the mintiest shape, but authentic.

Btw...sellers almost Always have "another interested party"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi, all looks ok as a well used hj knife, personally i would not pay more than $200-$250max for this knife.

Regards Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Hi, all looks ok as a well used hj knife, personally i would not pay more than $200-$250max for this knife.

Regards Mac 66.
    That's my next problem, lol. I'd be looking to resell towards a helmet. If people only see it at 200-250, than its probably not worth buying. I don't collect edged weapons so I won't be sad if I don't get it.

Seller says the diamond is firm and secure. He also said it was around a '38.
    It could have been replaced/glued in then, but it also could have just been put in really tight, most of them wiggle. these average out price wise around 300, all depends on maker and condition of course. I think you should buy it and keep it, besides do you really need another helmet?? haha jk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast