Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife opinions please.

Article about: Hello, I've been offered this HJ Knife by a friend for £200. I've done the authenticity checks as shown by Lakeside Traders, and i think it checks out ok. It's a plain blade with no markings

Default HJ Knife opinions please.

Hello, I've been offered this HJ Knife by a friend for £200. I've done the authenticity checks as shown by Lakeside Traders, and i think it checks out ok. It's a plain blade with no markings at all, non magnetic handle, HJ diamond has movement although has some enamel damage, and the grip lines don't run true with the diamond edges. The scabbard is magnetic and has no lip and has the rivet . The leather is dry and cracked and the whole knife and scabbard display even wear. Do you think this looks ok for a late HJ knife?. Sorry for the poor photos by the way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife opinions please.   HJ Knife opinions please.  

HJ Knife opinions please.   HJ Knife opinions please.  

HJ Knife opinions please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife opinions please.
    P
    Many

?

Scott,

The scabbard looks to me like a post war made one, the rivet looks like aluminium & should be made from steel or copper, the snap button on the leather hanger is too small with a narrow leather securing loop & i bet the scabbard throat is wider than an origional wartime scabbard,

the knife itself seems ok to me going by these pix, but for £200, no chance, save your hard earned cash for a nice complete origional with motto.

Mac 66.

?

Scott that price is way to high.
    Even if the scabbrd is ok, its a non motto, non marked knife with a broken snap.
    But i think Mac judges the scabbard correctly.
    Search for a good early one with Motto!

Ger