Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife Question

Article about: Picked up a new dagger. Well worn heavily sharpen blade early motto etched. But the wear on the swasitka seems really heavy? Any one see this as an issue? Thanks, Matt

Default HJ Knife Question

Picked up a new dagger. Well worn heavily sharpen blade early motto etched.

But the wear on the swasitka seems really heavy?

Any one see this as an issue?

Thanks,

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife Question  
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-12-2017 at 12:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife Question
    P
    Many

Someone probably just attempted to denazify it.

Does the diamond wiggle? (have movement when pressed.)

Steve

A few more photos would be helpful the forum thrives on photos ...and I know its not your only one

1. producer logo
    2. blade motto
    3. Knife condition
    4. scabbard if any ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My guess is the hj boy could have done it or its just wear & tear. if someone wanted to de-nazi the knife they could have taken the diamond out the grip, JMO.

Mac 66

Default More photos

There is movement in the dagger diamond.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife Question   HJ Knife Question  

HJ Knife Question  

In its sheath
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife Question  

I like it, even the greying of the blade gives it character. A blade that has lived! or at least been to a few camps and been thrown at a few trees.

Agreeing with the wear and tear/aging school of thought. It looks to me like some of the powdered glass that was fused to the metal of the emblem in places broke away for some reason like an impact or impacts. Best Regards, Fred

Thanks guys my feeling too. Definitely not the prettiest but I'm keeping this one. Best of all the price tag - I got it for $140 shipped to my door 😉 Thought it was a good buy for an early HJ just got to pick up a buffer pad.