Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife for review

Article about: Hi guys, I haven't seen a M7/29 mark like this before. Thoughts? Also thoughts on the RZM tag? Thanks

Default HJ knife for review

Hi guys, I haven't seen a M7/29 mark like this before. Thoughts? Also thoughts on the RZM tag?

Thanks

HJ knife for reviewHJ knife for reviewHJ knife for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife for review
    P
    Many

?

Well you know what they say about when things look to good to be true....they often are!
    He is asking 360 usd for it, i am missing a 1 in front of it
    1942....well finding a 1941 is hard but not impossible, but a 1942, this one is brandnew, in all ways.
    Then i saw the accountname: Apollo1939

That same name has been used in Belgium by a Polish guy named: Pavel Novak.
    The biggest militaria crook you can find.

Whats even more disturbing is the fact that almost on the same page he offers a full Rohm SA dagger by E.Pack for only 650 usd

Well these prices alone makes the seller a total idiot (which he is clearny not: he CAN advertise on the internet, and therefore KNOW his prices are way to low) or he is waiting on a victim and is a crook.

Well its your pick......

Ger

Good spot Ger. The Klittermann & Moog HJ's I have seen, have never been in condition as good as this, so as Ger says the price is ridiculously low for such a rare (if real) knife. One further point the K & M maker mark was notoriously faint and weakly struck. The example here again looks too good, too deep. The knife itself may be an unmarked TR era one, but clearly makers mark is a fake.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Good spot Ger. The Klittermann & Moog HJ's I have seen, have never been in condition as good as this, so as Ger says the price is ridiculously low for such a rare (if real) knife. One further point the K & M maker mark was notoriously faint and weakly struck. The example here again looks too good, too deep. The knife itself may be an unmarked TR era one, but clearly makers mark is a fake.

That faint RZM mark is what can be seen on Eiched RZM ones, but then again these RZM logos are not on the ricasso but on the Blade below the stuck Logo.
    As i will show you below with a HJ knife i posted about 3 years ago.
    The later ones with the ricasso stamp are often stuck well, as can been seen on one for sale at jims militaria.

Cheers
    Ger
    HJ knife for review
    HJ knife for review

I take your point Ger, but this is what I've seen more of.

HJ knife for reviewHJ knife for review

I see no problem with this knife.
    Unbelievable condition.
    That f....r Novak still live ?

?

Yes Novak is still out there using an old accountname i can recall from "Marktplaat.nl" ( bless my memory )
    Its the same tactics as usual: advertising with great stuff for a way to low price, hoping on someone who thinks he has found the jackpot.....but we all know you will never get the goodies

He now uses the more obscure advertisement sites, where he is relatively unknown......
    Ger

Have a look at the third photo the OP posted of the front of the blade. There is a stain like mark on the bottom half of the blade that could be a heat stain. If you were to put those marker's marks on the blade you would probably need to heat the blade. A gas torch from the other side may have made that mark.

Thanks guys. Yes, I saw it in my local craigslist and emailed the seller. never got a response. I would never send someone money online, so I'm not worried about getting scammed in that way - meeting in person is only way I deal.

So, I was a little confused by the back and forth- you guys think that the blade in the pictures is original?