Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Knife - Transitional

Article about: Here is a HJ knife I've had stored away for a number of years. Contition appears to be unissued. Scabbard is in mint shape. Brown leather is still in excellent shape. Blade has both the Make

MAP
    ?

Default HJ Knife - Transitional

Here is a HJ knife I've had stored away for a number of years.

Contition appears to be unissued.

Scabbard is in mint shape. Brown leather is still in excellent shape.

Blade has both the Maker and the RZM but no motto etched into blade

Maker is Rich. Abr. Herder RZM M7/18

Some minor wear on the pommel where the snaps have rubbed away the nickel plating.

Any thoughts or comments are apprecitate.

Regards,

Michael

Knife:

HJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - Transitional

Scabbard

HJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - TransitionalHJ Knife - Transitional
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife - Transitional
    P
    Many

?

Micheal,

That is a nice condition Dual marked Richard Abr.Herder RZM M7/18 1940 Hj Knife

Thanks for showing !

Regards Mac 66.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Micheal,

That is a nice condition Dual marked Richard Abr.Herder RZM M7/18 1940 Hj Knife

Thanks for showing !

Regards Mac 66.
    thanks Mac,

What is the rarity of these? Are they more rare with or without the motto? And is Herder a hard to find maker?

I love this one. It is just so minty! My other is a much earlier one but heavily used.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks very nice, congradulations. matty

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    thanks Mac,

What is the rarity of these? Are they more rare with or without the motto? And is Herder a hard to find maker?

I love this one. It is just so minty! My other is a much earlier one but heavily used.

Michael

Hi Micheal,

To be honest you do not see a lot of these dual marked Herder hjs & definitely more harder to find with motto than non mottoed knifes, usually you find these Herders without the RZM # as its worn away with use & cleaning.

A keeper for sure !

Mac 66.

?

Lovely looking knife but what realy surprised me is to see an early type hanger on a 1940 dagger.
    Im wondering does this scabbard has 2 springs or only the front spring inside?

a keeper for sure!

Ger

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Lovely looking knife but what realy surprised me is to see an early type hanger on a 1940 dagger.

a keeper for sure!

Ger
    Ger,

Will check it out tonight and let you know.

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post

a keeper for sure!

Ger
    Ger,

Two springs. (Assume that is the earlier type?).

thanks for the help!

Michael

Nice,late production knife, not a transitional.
    The motto was discontinued after 1938 .
    And two springs scabbards are the later ones,so that's should be correct scabbard for your knife.
    The condition is very nice for late war knives,congrats

MAP
    ?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Nice,late production knife, not a transitional.
    The motto was discontinued after 1938 .
    And two springs scabbards are the later ones,so that's should be correct scabbard for your knife.
    The condition is very nice for late war knives,congrats
    Stingray,

I was under the impression that the transitional knives were the ones marked with the RZM and the maker (both with and without the motto). Is this incorrect?

Thanks for the input and help!

Posting another HJ knife in a bit. This one is really beat up and the exact opposite of this beauty.

Regards,

Michael
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast