Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Leader

Article about: Hi everyone, this was my grandfather's I've seen that these knives were only produced during the period by Hörster (M7/36) and Eickhorn M7/66. However I see that mine is marked with the Robe

Default HJ Leader

Hi everyone,

this was my grandfather's I've seen that these knives were only produced during the period by Hörster (M7/36) and Eickhorn M7/66. However I see that mine is marked with the Robert Klaas "kissing cranes" who I believe also made hitler youth daggers/knives around the same period so I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this!

I'm leaning towards a replica but I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about lol.

Look forward to hearing back!

https://imgur.com/a/9t0Xh#0

HJ LeaderHJ Leader
    HJ Leader

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Leader
    P
    Many

This is also marked on the side opposite the engraving
    https://imgur.com/a/8xuBp

?

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you are here. You are correct. Base on construction, lack of casting detail, the pommel HJ insgnia, HJ Eagle on fittings of scabbard and Klass Kissing Cranes maker mark it is a post war version. Eickhorn and Horster we main makers of the leader dress dagger. Have a super weekend!

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi Benjamin ..welcome to the forum..I uploaded the photos onto your post. The WRF frowns upon the use of 3rd party photo hosting sites which those sites...without warning will remove your photos and leaving an empty post without photos. This leaves the thread useless.

Please for any future posts..please save the photos to your computer and then upload the photos to your thread and you could use this useful guide seen in the link below.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

This will avoid a thread closure ..and protect your tenure here.
    I will move this thread to the HJ knife sub forum.
    Enjoy your stay !

I also agree with Kirk above..this dagger is not even close to authentic . One detail can be seen below to compare with yours. Photo is of an Carl Eickhorn example...your example lacks much of the commonly seen detail in the whole eagle and the area surrounding it.

HJ Leader

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill