Become our sponsor and display your banner here

HJ Leader dagger fake or real?

Article about: My first post here. The item of interest is pictured below and those are the only pics I have. The red flags to me are 1.) its excellent condition and 2.) the eagle resting directly on the d

Default HJ Leader dagger fake or real?

My first post here. The item of interest is pictured below and those are the only pics I have. The red flags to me are 1.) its excellent condition and 2.) the eagle resting directly on the decorative band below it (on the scabbard). I'm aware that the case is new and it is advertised as such. Let me know what you guys think! My wallet is in the hands of this forum now. Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35215794_2_x.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	813814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35215794_1_x.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	813813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35215794_3_x.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	813815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35215794_4_x.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	813816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35215794_5_x.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	813817

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Jtrew welcome to the forum.....
    1. save your money when someone wants to sell you high priced item with only 3 photos..its not worth our time and aggravation. This forum is not a validation service !
    2. The HJ leader is an excellent repro..see this thread here on a closer study. HY Leader opinions. - GermanDaggers.com
    3. The wooden box I like very much. Very well crafted and recent made.
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The case is indeed a modern craftsman made piece, by Skipper Greenwade of Crosby TX. Skipper makes beautiful customised cases for display of edged weapons. Shame to see a fake dagger with this nice case.

The case would be worth more ! Skippers craftmanship can exceed at some points that of a mint SA dagger. He brings some of his wares to the shows..and they are a pleasure to look at. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Gastvrijheid View Post
    The case is indeed a modern craftsman made piece, by Skipper Greenwade of Crosby TX. Skipper makes beautiful customised cases for display of edged weapons. Shame to see a fake dagger with this nice case.
    Would anyone happen to have futher infomation on this 'Skipper Greenwade' of Crosby, TX? I reside all but 30 minutes away from said location and would very much like to commission him in building some pieces for my display...the craftsmanship is simply stunning. Thanks guys!

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Go check out Mr. Wittmanns latest video from the SOS show, he has a chat with Skipper and shows off some of his work!

PM sent you, with Skipper's contact details.