Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Puma For Your Consideration

Article about: good, bad, ugly, indifferent, Please let me know- I told that seller that I would come back with a number Thanks in advance NK

Default HJ Puma For Your Consideration

good, bad, ugly, indifferent,
    Please let me know- I told that seller that I would come back with a number
    Thanks in advance
    NKHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your ConsiderationHJ Puma For Your Consideration

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Puma For Your Consideration
    P
    Many

?

I have mixed feelings about this knife,
    the Logo is not what i would like to see on an early motto knife.
    Its not the crisp detailed logo Puma used and its missing its ges.geschutz beneath the logo.
    I would rather see it on a no or so called low ricasso knife.
    its missing the typical snap wear on the hilt.
    i for sure would pass on this one.

Regards,
    Ger

regards,
    Ger

I did some digging around.
    The match I found of the puma logo with solgen and no rg was on some sort of "rare" 1935 meeting, highly decorated. I always look at those and the olympic HJ's as super fake fantasy until proven otherwize.
    The guy who has this on offer has had a booth in an antique mall for years and years.
    He usually has decent items, sometimes a little pricey. He usually has 1 or 2 edged weapons.
    Doc,medals, tinnies ect have proven to be authentic over all. one or two fakes but always takes returns

When I visited today He had 2 HJ's,2 early luft,2 heer,1 SA, nearly all of the daggers on order have chains,hangers ect.plus a K98 bayonet.

I am going to go there, probably this weekend. I will take detailed pictures of them.

I am not sure where or how this guy gets his pricing info. The medium condition box bayonet not matching numbers, nothing special, $300
    then has sold salty SA for 500,

I look forward to seeing what you guys come back with on this HJ and when I post the pics of the daggers.
    Regards
    NK

Mismatched IMO ..the blade does not have that "Bowie" look to it..and feel this was a later example with a nice crispy etch and early logo added. The scabbard appears fatter than normal. Photos of the reverse of the hanger would be beneficial.

and never judge an items authenticity by a persons tenure of being in business for a long time. "Lemon" cars get sold everyday..as do altered artifacts which require more study if one is in doubt. You have taken the correct action yourself..and brought it here for discussion.

The HJ forum here is loaded with exhaustive reference on all period types and sure to follow are the forums top collectors will be along to give a very precise answer. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Fake Puma hj Knife

Origional re-painted scabbard & genuine hj diamond

Put together to fool collectors

Leave it well alone !

Regards Mac 66.