Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ short bayonet for comments

Article about: This came up recently. Short bayonet with pin on the grip...is it ok?

?

Default HJ short bayonet for comments

This came up recently. Short bayonet with pin on the grip...is it ok?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ short bayonet for comments   HJ short bayonet for comments  

HJ short bayonet for comments   HJ short bayonet for comments  

HJ short bayonet for comments   HJ short bayonet for comments  

HJ short bayonet for comments  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ short bayonet for comments
    P
    Many

Some body has ruined a nice parade bayonet imo, is that glue I can see around the badge? Regards,Paul

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Some body has ruined a nice parade bayonet imo, is that glue I can see around the badge? Regards,Paul
    No there is no glue. These are missing small pieces from round the pin...

Photos of the other grip plate?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Photos of the other side could be helpful. This conversion IMO was done by somebody who was not as skilled as some others I've seen, and based on them the emblem which may or may not be period - looking like it was probably epoxied (or whatever was available) glueing it in place. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ short bayonet for comments  

?

Quote by Skarts View Post
    No there is no glue. These are missing small pieces from round the pin...

I see GLUE !!

It does rather look to be glued. The chip off the bakelite also suggests a conversion by some owner rather than a shop modification. What isn't clear is when this was done. It could be a post war addition, or it could have been done by a former HJ member recruited into the military during the war. What is clear is this is not an RZM approved KS98 and without provenance I think you would have to say it's value would be discounted.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    It does rather look to be glued. The chip off the bakelite also suggests a conversion by some owner rather than a shop modification. What isn't clear is when this was done. It could be a post war addition, or it could have been done by a former HJ member recruited into the military during the war. What is clear is this is not an RZM approved KS98 and without provenance I think you would have to say it's value would be discounted.
    In agreement - especially where it brings the RZM aspect into play. Some guys who are true believers may have seen some of these bayonets with RZM markings which for me would be a very significant factor. But I have not, and neither the NSDAP and the RZM were charities - and when it came misappropriating symbols of the NSDAP without permission there were penalties. Best Regards, Fred

Thanks for the ever sharp eyes Gents cool militara
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'm still waiting for an Original, after all these years none convinved me yet!
    I have seen tons of garbage ones this one, either they are badly rivetted or have glued diamonds, or replacement cracks in the gripplates.
    The best ones i've seen have at least a wiggling diamond…..
    At the Kassel show i spotted 3 different ones, none were any good imo.

I would not want one, imo waisted money, as these are way to controversial for me!

Regards,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast