Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HJ For Your Consideration

Article about: Hello Gents, I don't know a great deal about HJ knives. The leather and snaps are in great condition sheath is worn for age handle is broke and blade is a little lose the blood and honor log

Default HJ For Your Consideration

Hello Gents,
    I don't know a great deal about HJ knives.
    The leather and snaps are in great condition
    sheath is worn for age
    handle is broke and blade is a little lose
    the blood and honor logo is on the blade, kinda hard to see since i am not a great photographer
    HJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationHJ For Your ConsiderationThe Makers mark is what interests me it seems to be larger then others i have seen and I like the logo
    and maker/support info is helpful.
    Thanks in advance
    Ned

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ For Your Consideration
    P
    Many

Hi Gen Putnam Ned !! Early of the earlies ..this maker is August Merten and very desirable among HJ collectors. This is an early production example..and the motto is correct. Nice to see an untouched example.

This company produced SA NSKK,, NSKK Chained,, and HJ Knives
    RZM Permit Acquired Oct 1 1934 - RZM contract number RZM7/31

HJ Trademark early period Hiking Knives with "Ges Gesch"
    HJ Trademark + RZM double proof Mid period

Est-1910
    1922- telephone number 100 Grafrath ( Dont leave a message answering machines were not invented yet )
    1924 - Sohns Friedrich , Erich and Werner register co. as August Merten Wwe Ohg.
    1928 - Friedrich Mertens design "Eichenlaub" Trademaark registered
    1935-37-Address Schulte vom Bruhl 7 . Produced other wares ..table dessert and carving cutlery: Bread butcher and kitchen knives
    1998- Address Schulte vom Bruhl 4 . The Robert Herder Co acquires The Merten co.

will also move this thread to the HJ forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Salty, but a good find friend.

I like it. I've been looking for a good early HJ knife with the motto on it, but man are they hard to find. These puppies were treated rough, rode hard, and put up wet!

This is the only bring back item which my great uncle. I have thought about repair, but fam history is priceless this one will never leave the collection as long as I am around

I would leave it as it is, if you desire a nicer one, find another to add to your collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph. Anything as close to the heart as this mustn't be tampered with. I think its nice as it is.

Surprising the amount of people go to the expense of restoring only to find out the item is then worth less than before you know.

But each to there own.

thanks guys, needed further reinforcement on this