Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

JA HENCKELS HJ knife

Article about: Good morning guys, I took a gamble on this from ebay and wanted to see what you guys thought. I've always had a curiosity with these but never wanted to pay the price(for what people usual a

?

Default JA HENCKELS HJ knife

Good morning guys, I took a gamble on this from ebay and wanted to see what you guys thought. I've always had a curiosity with these but never wanted to pay the price(for what people usual ask) also because my interest was more focused in other militaria and knives.
    It's missing the leather washer and the front side of the scabbard was scrubbed of the paint it seems.
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    P
    Many

Appears to be a nice original early piece. A shame the HJ emblem has either been removed or fallen out. The prong clips were a bit weak , and prone to failures

I'm surprised it made through the EBay police. I can't list anything remotely similar to this piece without them removing it.

A little run down but authentic ...ashame to see the diamond removed.

Not sure about the grips and seeing that green crayon jelly stuff on one of the rivets that is supposed to impersonate verdigris.
    Also looks like dried glue inside the diamond area.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This may be off topic. However, do you feel that the removal of WW2 3rd Reich items violate the 1st amendment. I ask due to the fact equipment, photos, and other items remain posted?

?

I don't personally believe that it violates the first amendment simply because it is their platform that you've decided to use and since they own it, they dictate the rules in said platform. Same with any kind of social media, even forums like this. If one were to spew hate and or promote violence, you're likely to get banned, and rightfully so. though you do have the freedom to say such things but not while you're a guest at this house.

I see your point. However, they have to adhere to a all or nothing policy. If you type in swastika for example it takes you directly to swaz bearing stamps and coins. Now; my question is that of inclusion and exclusion. I can blatantly sell 3rd Reich coins and stamps, but no awards or badges. This my friend I do believe is the question of violation on EBay's part

It's a universal ban, in effect here in the UK too. At the end of the day, a private company may implement whatever rules that it wishes. That is true freedom. For an individual to be able to run their company as they see fit, with no interference or regulation from the state.

It's a pain for us collectors, yes. But it is their company, their rules. And there are numerous other places from which to purchase items bearing iconography of the Third Reich. When it comes down to the wire, they're the losers, as they're missing out on revenue from the sales of such items. Let them continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Get lucky with a purchase that slips past the eBay Gestapo, or take your collecting cash elsewhere.

B.B.

Hi Brody I respect your view, and agree with them. However, it should be a all or none one there part. No period awards, badges, uniforms etc... of swaz bearing nature, you can sell stamps , coins, and other items that actually ran the war effort. That is a dichotomy in its own right.i believe it's a publicly traded stock NASDAQ

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Hi Brody I respect your view, and agree with them. However, it should be a all or none one there part. No period awards, badges, uniforms etc... of swaz bearing nature, you can sell stamps , coins, and other items that actually ran the war effort. That is a dichotomy in its own right.i believe it's a publicly traded stock NASDAQ
    I understand your point of view, and in an ideal world that's exactly how it should be. All or none. Unfortunately we live in very febrile times, and there is a great sensitivity around this subject. Most people, including the majority of eBay's staff, won't look at these objects in the same way a collector will. To them, they're 'symbols of hate', and other such hysterical nonsense.

I think that's something we all forget after a certain amount of time spent buying, selling and trading Third Reich artifacts. We collect and study these items to the point of becoming somewhat desensitised to the 'shock factor' of the imagery. Most of us won't think anything of seeing a swastika or SS runes, but to most people they are still very striking, and very emotive symbols of a very dark part of human history. We collectors look at these artifacts with a great deal of interest, and have an intimate understanding of their context. Non-collectors do not.

Basically, it's a combination of ignorance, hysteria, and a lack of common sense. A very normal combination in the modern world!

(Not to derail the thread, of course! An HJ knife is an unusual find on eBay, and this one is still of historical interest despite its 'less than stellar' condition!)

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast