Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My 2nd HJ Fahrtenmesser.

Article about: Got this one last week. It's unmarked with a nice blade and motto. The blade has been sharpened lightly at some point and later on also buffed. You can feel the edges of the motto are not as

Default My 2nd HJ Fahrtenmesser.

Got this one last week.
    It's unmarked with a nice blade and motto. The blade has been sharpened lightly at some point and later on also buffed. You can feel the edges of the motto are not as sharp as I would like and some of the crossgain is gone. But still a very nice blade
    The Ricasso is magnetic and almost all plating remains. The rivets are non magnetic.
    The leather buffer is intact and looks original to me.
    The diamond looks original but does not wiggle There is no damage to the enamel though.
    The scabbard is in very nice condition, with almost all its paint and just a little crazing, wich i like to see on my scabbards. It has got 2 runners and the leather is in good condition with the correct stamp on the hanger.
    Over all I'm very happy with it, but I still have godt a couple of questions....
    The diamond does not wiggle...I know a lot don't... are there any issues as to originality on this one ?
    Is it possible to track the maker ?
    Is it correct that this is a transitional HJ because, of the motto/ricasso ?
    Is it correct that even though you don't see many unmarked pieces, the value is still lower, than a marked one ?
    The leather strap that goes around the handle is not made of the same leather type as the leather hanger, can anyone tell if it's original, from the pushbotton ?
    Thanks
    Henrik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230045 (Large).JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	336113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230042 (Large).JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	336114  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230039 (Large).JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	336115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230040 (Large).JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	336116  

Name:	IMG_3603 (Large).JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	336117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3602 (Large).JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	336118  

Name:	P4230036 (Large).JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	336119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230048 (Large).JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	336120  

Name:	IMG_3611 (Large).JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	336121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230047 (Large).JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	336122  

Name:	P4230038 (Large).JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	336123   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4230049 (Large).JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	336124  

Name:	P4230043 (Large).JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	336125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3583 (Large).JPG 
Views:	980 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	336126  

Last edited by hbhansen; 04-24-2012 at 12:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My 2nd HJ Fahrtenmesser.

Henrik, this is an interesting hj knife you have here for your 2nd purchase
    All looks 100% genuine to me but as for the makers stamp or RZM stamp i would think it was buffed away with cleaning/polishing of the blade as the stamp was lightly etched into the blade with a type of grey ink that wares off easily when heavily cleaned!!, now to answer your questions,

The diamond does not wiggle...I know a lot don't... are there any issues as to originality on this one ? > The daimond is the early small type & 100% origional, do not worry it if does not wiggle as not all have movement especially the smaller type diamonds imo.

Is it possible to track the maker? > very hard to tell the maker but might be RZM M7/80.

Is it correct that this is a transitional HJ because, of the motto/ricasso ? > yes.

Is it correct that even though you don't see many unmarked pieces, the value is still lower, than a marked one ? > yes.

The leather strap that goes around the handle is not made of the same leather type as the leather hanger, can anyone tell if it's original, from the pushbotton ? > The snap button & strap look ok to me but i cant be 100% sure, sometimes they used a slightly different leather for the straps, i like to see the snap buttons stamped with maker stocko to be honest.

Heres some pics of the types of etched RZM stamps i,m talking about that wares off when buffed, polished ect.

Regards Mac 66.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hj24637.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	336377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005a.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	336378  

Name:	pix788307329.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	336379  
    Last edited by Mac 66; 04-24-2012 at 01:14 PM.

?

Excellent pics of a good condition HJ knife.
    Congrats.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Henrik, this is an interesting hj knife you have here for your 2nd purchase
    All looks 100% genuine to me but as for the makers stamp or RZM stamp i would think it was buffed away with cleaning/polishing of the blade as the stamp was lightly etched into the blade with a type of grey ink that wares off easily when heavily cleaned!!, now to answer your questions,

The diamond does not wiggle...I know a lot don't... are there any issues as to originality on this one ? > The daimond is the early small type & 100% origional, do not worry it if does not wiggle as not all have movement especially the smaller type diamonds imo.

Is it possible to track the maker? > very hard to tell the maker but might be RZM M7/80.

Is it correct that this is a transitional HJ because, of the motto/ricasso ? > yes.

Is it correct that even though you don't see many unmarked pieces, the value is still lower, than a marked one ? > yes.

The leather strap that goes around the handle is not made of the same leather type as the leather hanger, can anyone tell if it's original, from the pushbotton ? > The snap button & strap look ok to me but i cant be 100% sure, sometimes they used a slightly different leather for the straps, i like to see the snap buttons stamped with maker stocko to be honest.

Heres some pics of the types of etched RZM stamps i,m talking about that wares off when buffed, polished ect.

Regards Mac 66.
    Thank you very much Mac for taking the time to answer all of my questions. You have been a great help !

Nice to now its all original...

I have had a close look at the blade in good light and there are not even the faintest shadow of a makers mark ! When i compare mine with the M7/13 you posted (with very nice crossgain) I see that there is not much crossgain left on mine and probably, the mm is buffed away too....
    Never the less very displayable....

Best
    Henrik

Quote by Scout View Post
    Excellent pics of a good condition HJ knife.
    Congrats.
    Thanks Scout

?

Nice Hitler youth knife.