Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Salty HJ Knife

Article about: A few years back in 2011 I had the opportunity to buy a very nice Hitler Youth knife at an antique shop. At the time I had just started showing an interest in collecting WW2 artifacts, but I

Default My Salty HJ Knife

A few years back in 2011 I had the opportunity to buy a very nice Hitler Youth knife at an antique shop. At the time I had just started showing an interest in collecting WW2 artifacts, but I had no idea where to start. My knowledge in collecting these types of items was nonexistent, and I didn’t know what a fair price would be for something like a Hitler Youth knife. The price on the knife was only $70, and sadly I waited too long and the thing was quickly bought by someone else.

Ever since that day I have wanted a Hitler Youth knife very badly. Well just the other day while at another antique shop I managed to find one. It’s a pretty salty example, and it’s even missing it’s scabbard. But the price was fair so I scooped it up.

This is a 1939 dated Carl Eickhorn made example. The tip of the blade is missing a few small chunks, and there is even a small bend to the blade. I guess some kid was trying to pry something open with this knife. I know this example is pretty salty, but I actually really like the look of it. These were used/abused by kids, and it clearly shows that.

I just wanted to share this new pick up with you guys. After all these years I finally bought a Hitler Youth knife.

My Salty HJ KnifeMy Salty HJ KnifeMy Salty HJ KnifeMy Salty HJ KnifeMy Salty HJ Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Salty HJ Knife
    P
    Many

A salty one, but you can't say it doesn't have character! Minty items are nice, but they don't convey honest use like these well-worn examples do. A perfectly fine example of a HJ knife, and with a very nice grip diamond to boot!

Regards, B.B.

Salty for sure and a History that can never be removed

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A salty one, but you can't say it doesn't have character! Minty items are nice, but they don't convey honest use like these well-worn examples do. A perfectly fine example of a HJ knife, and with a very nice grip diamond to boot!

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks BB!

I couldn't have said it better. I would have loved to bought another example in better shape, but these well used pieces hold a special place for me. No telling what use this knife may have saw from 1939 onward.

Best regards- Jarret

I'd be happy with it, better than none at all.

Congrats on finding something you are looking for. This stuff is getting hard to find now. It has some history to it, which is nice.
    John

?

It still has it grip's and the Button
    It is the transitional Maker mark/ RZM type . Add to that its an Eickhorn.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

You are correct (and there are photos here on the forum to prove it). The HJ used and abused these knives. What kid wouldn't!

So you have a nice piece of "used and abused" real life history!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Salty maybe but authentic. And that's better than a dud. And as Phil commented, it is an Eickhorn!

?

Well funny to see that the diamond still is in pristine condition, a big contast with the rest of the knife.
    In this hobby its not Always all about condition its also what brings you joy!

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast