Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on Hitler Jugend knife

Article about: Just picked this up from a friend. Bill Shea COA from Ruptured Duck. Scabbard seems too nice, and the HJ symbol does not wiggle, and may have been glued. Thoughts are appreciated. Not doubti

Default Need help on Hitler Jugend knife

Just picked this up from a friend.
    Bill Shea COA from Ruptured Duck.
    Scabbard seems too nice, and the HJ symbol does not wiggle, and may have been glued.
    Thoughts are appreciated. Not doubting Mr. Shea, just covering my behind if I decide to sell. Need help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knifeNeed help on Hitler Jugend knife
    Regards-
    Jarod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on Hitler Jugend knife
    P
    Many

Bill Shea is reputable without the COA ..but something does look amiss with the grip diamond.

Wait for Mac66 or Stingray Ivan
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Diamond may have been changed but its hard to tell by these pix, any signs of glue around the edges ??

Overall the knife is very similar to this one at Wittys > Wittmann Antique Militaria #41159 Hitler Youth Knife - RZM M&/2 (Emil Voos)

closer pic of the diamond would be needed, saying that it might just be ok.

I think the scabbard has been repainted as it is without wear, in contrast the leather is quite worn. However some people aren't bothered by that.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I think the scabbard has been repainted as it is without wear, in contrast the leather is quite worn. However some people aren't bothered by that.
    That's my own (not in hand) sense of it as well. Repainting not that hard to do for those who have the skillset. The description also claiming not cleaned (or sharpened), but it has pitting which to me says otherwise. Overall I think it has a had a "tuneup" that could have included a new diamond, a really close examination needed that may or may not affect that final determination. That said, if you like it, you like it - depending of course on your individual standards of what you think is acceptable. Best Regards, Fred

?

here are my 2 cents
    most likely the diamond have been changed.
    The scabbard has been tuned up for sure, looking at the wear on the leather strap, quite similar to het guards wear its Obvious it had a workover....and the blade has been cleaned.

Now it al depends on the price i guess, to me 250 euro or 295 usd seems to be a more accurate market value then the 490 usd Bill talks about in his coa.

Best
    Ger