MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase

Article about: I am posting some pictures about a knife I just received today. Can anyone give me some background on it? Thank you!

Default Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase

I am posting some pictures about a knife I just received today. Can anyone give me some background on it? Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase   Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase  

Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase   Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase  

Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase   Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need info on a new Hitler Youth Knife purchase

Looks like a nice E. Knecht & co, Solingen, congrats Sam !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you! Its my first and this forum is fantastic for us newbies just starting out!

Nice hitler youth knife it is authentic

You have a nice original piece.Their are several ways to check for a repro.One easy way is just look at the newness of the piece and another way is if the scabbard has a lip on the upper part its a repro.Please if you are going to collect edged weapons try to post them on this forum so the members can help you avoid dropping $ on bad pieces.Also buy some books [many to choose from]and go to shows so you can get an idea of real and not real.It can be a minefield if you are new to the hobby.

Thanks for the tip! I have been studying this board like crazy and there is a lot of great information. I will look for some books as well. I appreciate the input!!

?

Good advice above, use the forum even if you are almost 100 percent certain that an item you are considering is authentic, it is still not worth the risk. Somebody on here will help.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Nice HJ knife

Thank you! I have a nice SA dagger coming from Lakeside that should be here early next week. I will post some photos when it arrives!

?

Nice HJ knive, i like the transitionals, 1941 was the last year both Maker mark & rzm mark were possible, after 1941 only RZM was used.

Good advice about buying an HJ knife can also be found on Paul's site:

Lakesidetrader German Dagger & Military Collectable Site

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast