MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription

Article about: My view is definitely a replacement strap with and of course its had an additional aftermark motto. The loop on the B of the blut is wrong. Its not acid edged making the motto smooth this ha

?

Default Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription

Hey guys, well this dagger just was just posted on facebook, a few of my friends did not like the inscription. What are your opinions on the dagger itself? Hj knifes are not my forte, so i could not contribute my opinion.
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription   Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription  

Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription   Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on HJ Knife with inscription
    P
    Many

?

The Maker's mark and inscription looks screwy to me.

Hi Ryan..welcome back....LOL ...this was on Face book?.....Im ok with the knife itself..but the motto inscription looks recently dremeled. Im not used to seeing depth like that on HJ mottos..wait for other opinions. Scarred for life...I hope this dagger is not . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I absolutely agree Larry C. Ryan and I were discussing this on facebook. The depth of the motto looks like it varies. I never thought of the dremeling. Thanks for all of the help.!

Well I cant say good or bad, I can only add that the inscription is proper on a early non ricasso maker marked model, the leather looks almost new which could be a good or bad thing, I am not near any of my references at the moment to add more, wait for the hj knive experts to chime in. Dont buy it yet lol.
    Also the diamond should stick up alittle bit and wiggle when tapped, being glued in does happen but usually its bad or a replacement if there is no wiggle,

IMO it looks that a template was used to follow the exact..script style during the application. JMO....but I would still for for some of the HJ boys to show up..and give their thoughts.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not sure of the "Derby" named snap button.

Hi Ryan, I also agree with Larry, I like the knife but it looks like the motto has been redone and I think the leather on the scabbard has been replaced.

?

Thanks Larry, Marcus, and Maximus for you help. Larry, It is nice being back on the dagger part of the forum lol. Right now I am focusing on reenacting gear so no money is put into my dagger fund -_- . I will get another dagger one of these years lol, but thanks again guys for your opinions.
    Ryan

?

The Maker's mark makes me feel uncomfortable. From what I have seen of FW Backhaus marks, the font looks a little off. The leather looks too new, and lacks any kind of wear that is shown on the dagger itself. I would venture that the scabbard and leather parts are post war replacements. I am no expert ,though, lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast