Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Out of the archives

Article about: Heres an HJ knife made by Tiger,,is there anything that may be questionable on this one? Possibly a rivet issue? Regards Larry

Default Out of the archives

Heres an HJ knife made by Tiger,,is there anything that may be questionable on this one? Possibly a rivet issue? Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images Out of the archives  Out of the archives  Out of the archives 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of the archives
    P
    Many

Default Re: Out of the archives

The knife looks OK to me, judging by the pictures that are not the best.
    But i, just wondering where the missing moto?
    Scabbard is totally weird to me.
    I do not like it.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Larry,

rivets, daimond, griplates look ok imo, But the scabbard is a post war job!

@ vedran, Tiger Transitionals came with motto up to 1938, after that the motto was discontinued as per regulations.

Regards Mac 66.

Vedran,not all 1938 knives has motto,this one is completely correct,except the scabbard,as said Scott.

I noticed also as I am not an HJ collector ,the logo is the smaller Tiger variant compared to the larger one used on early HJ examples. If you take notice to the Tiger stripes in the mid period example above as they are not connected and an early HJ variant with the stripes in the middle of the body on my example posted below. Also seen in Ralf Siegerts NPEA/ HJ reference.
    It is important for the new collector to examine these minute differences,,as it will be the deciding factor between repro and authentic. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Out of the archives  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill