Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne

Article about: As a follow-up to my original post requesting opinions, here are some photos of that HJ knife I just picked up. So odd to see it an antique store amongst vintage cameos, costume jewelry, and

Default Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne

As a follow-up to my original post requesting opinions, here are some photos of that HJ knife I just picked up. So odd to see it an antique store amongst vintage cameos, costume jewelry, and perfume bottles. Owner says they do occasional get German WWII items so I will be checking back often.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne   Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne  

Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne   Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne  

Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne   Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne  

Last edited by seventyeighth; 04-01-2014 at 07:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photos of my transitional HJ by Ernst Pack & Sohne
    P
    Many

Beautiful HJ Messer. Like a well-endowed woman, it has all the desireables: motto, date, makers mark and RZM
    Yes, I have found HJ knives and even Daggers at coin stores, antique shops, etc.
    Always check in to look. Lucky find!

nice one. but prefer well endowed women. lol

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice one. but prefer well endowed women. lol
    I have both

?

78th,

Looks even better now than the 1st pix you showed

I think i,m seeing some blueing on the rear of the scabbard ?

Blade looks in good condition, does it still have crossgrain ?

Mac 66.

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    78th,

Looks even better now than the 1st pix you showed cool military

I think i,m seeing some blueing on the rear of the scabbard ?

Blade looks in good condition, does it still have cross grain ?

Thanks

Mac 66.
    Thanks Mac 66! The scabbard might have some bluing. Shame it's not in better shape. Oh well. Yes, the cross grain is still evident but it's hard to capture by photos.
    Last edited by seventyeighth; 04-02-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Amazing to see such a nice deep etch...not all that common with these type of knifes. You done very well with a great transitional piece and likewise the price . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice Pack transitional !

Whenever I see stuff at Antique Malls, it's always
    way overpriced or incorrectly ID'd - example:

WWII Gold Mothers Cross "for killed sons
    and husbands" - $395. Lol.........
    Regards,

Steve.

the most reputable wrongly ID`ed tag to put on something or someone is... "Nazi German"...makes my skin crawl
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The double makers logo combined with the full Motto give these blades that little extra!

Youve done well buying this transitional!

Ger