Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Potentially interesting fake HJ knife

Article about: A friend of mine discovered this fake HJ knife on French eBay from a seller with a Polish-sounding name. The actual location of the seller is unknown. At first glance, it doesn't look bad, b

Default Schneidteufel

Post war made knife for sure, scabbard & Hj diamond insignia have a good chance of being genuine but better photos are needed.

SCHNEIDTEUFEL is still in business

Heres the same maker on

SCHNEIDTEUFEL translates from German to English > Cutting Devil

Mac 66.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Erno View Post

For the record, I didn't intend to slur Poles or any other group. It's unfortunate that the fakers in eastern Europe have given anyone selling honest militaria in that region a bad name.

And I assure you, that I certainly didnt perceive it as such, sir

A pond scum con man with a Polish sounding name (Pawel) have been making quite a career of conning folks buying WWII collectables for quite some time.

I notice you joined in December 20123; as you might soon find out, the con man is quite notorious round these parts and have been for years.

I just jumped on the 'Polish sounding' bit, as I was reminded of him.

I in no way, shape or from got any anti-polish vibes from you

The caveat was partly tongue in cheeck and partly making sure, that MY post wasnt perceived as being an insult to a country and to some people, that I hold in high regard.

(Pheew, doesnt get any more PC than that!!)

pawels latest address;

Pawel Nowak Ul. Piastowska 20/41 (street name) 97-500 Radomsko (code and city) Poland

I'm hesitant to post this guy's name here in case his trying to sell the fake HJ knife was an honest mistake, but I will say that his first name is Marius and he claims to be from the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region of France. Whether or not he's really Nowak with a fake address, I have no idea.

Very nice area to even claim to live anyway.

Does he take paypal ?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Does he take paypal ?
    I have no idea, but I assume he does, because he was trying to sell the knife on eBay. He was probably successful, too, judging by the garbage that passes through there every day.

Hi Erno welcome to the forum.... Thankyou for posting this dagger here is it is a good source for study... All repros,,, whether good or bad. No one knows for sure the identity of Pawel as over the years there have been copy cats and many name changes. Posting his name here would make no difference as the dagger is the topic of dissection when it comes to the obvious and questionable. This dagger just adds to our resolve to stay sharp and identify what is junk. Enjoy your stay here and thanks again for your contribution. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-22-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12