Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Rare type of blade? Orginal?

Article about: Got this hj today and i have never seen this shape of blade before, only finds one on google pics. Hope is a good one

Default Rare type of blade? Orginal?

Got this hj today and i have never seen this shape of blade before, only finds one on google pics.
    Hope is a good one
    Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?Rare type of blade? Orginal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare type of blade? Orginal?
    P
    Many

I do not own a HJ knife I sold mine years ago and it was not a RZM so I do not know much about them but I do not like what I am seeing with this one. Wait for others to confirm or shoot me down.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Persson … are you an impulse buyer ?

I do not like the blade shape also and is very shiney and yet worn.
    I Never seen a 1936 contract number for this producer ..which I have seen 1937 and 39

Wait for more input from Mac66 or a few other HJ Gents

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This is yet another alleged "DJ" knife of a type certain dealers have been pushing for years. That's the reason you will find photos on google. Gerrit's excellent thread "Klaas catalogue sheet on HJ & Jungvolk fahrtenmesser" on sticky, pretty much torpedoed the idea these were ever used in HJ or DJ. DJ actually used the same knife as HJ with a speartip blade of around 140mm length. These short clipped blade knives are quite likely to be simple camping knives, some may have been produced in the TR era, and many were produced post war as a "scout knife" variation. This particular one is likely to have been modified, such as the blade tip has been reshaped and or post war etching and diamond switch.

Has not trade it yet.
    I love this forum, you guys are great.
    Thanks for help.

?

Guys that is an early thin blade Anton Wingen jr with reshaped blade to look like the Bowie style !

My guess is Wingen used up the last of the thin blades when the RZM regs came into force,

Pity it was messed with imo.

Cheers Mac 66