Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE

Article about: by PeterCollector Hi SteveR, I agree with you, this knife has little or no value, but a lot of work was spent on restoration process despite this fact. And to the hilt, it was really rusty s

?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi SteveR, I agree with you, this knife has little or no value, but a lot of work was spent on restoration process despite this fact. And to the hilt, it was really rusty so polishing cant help. Some collectors never add something which was restored in their collection, we are still talking about common HJ knife, but some collectors like to restore damaged items, which they find in ground or trash.

Regards Peter
    I understand that Pete. I love to make things. Hell I have been doing that for the last 45 + years and have gained some noteriety doing it. I appreciate your friends abilities. He might want to study restoration and apply that knowledge to relic items.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE
    P
    Many

?

Peter thank for this nice thread
    This restoration isnt quite as amazing as the Heer Sword you showed in an earlier thread, but still a pretty well done job.
    The man has put a lot of work into a common knife, with less to no value, so his reason most be that he enjoy's restoring things.

I say a nice job

Ger

A nice job to save an historic relic from the trash can but having said that, this piece would not be one for my collection.

so its not worth a fortune but does at least make a nice display piece and shows what can be done with what would other wise to many be seen as junk,as long as the knife is seen for what it is a restored relic and not passed off as an original condition item I don't see a problem.If this was a rusty classic car that had been found in a barn and been repainted ,trimmed and had a mechanical overhaul people would simply say what a great job or if it was a rusty ww2 jeep fitted with a new body tub and Hotchkiss engine people would say look at that ww2 jeep.There will always be a place for restoration in this hobby as long as it is done for the right reasons,a good job well done

Well said!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2