Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE

Article about: by PeterCollector Hi SteveR, I agree with you, this knife has little or no value, but a lot of work was spent on restoration process despite this fact. And to the hilt, it was really rusty s

Exclamation RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE

Hello my friends, here is my second thread with restored items. For this time I decide to put this kind of work into HJ thread, because restorer save life of almost dead HJ knife. So, most of serious collectors will throw this kind of HJ knife away - maybe into the trash, but not restorer Mr. Peter Milovansky from Czech republic. Knife was in very bad condition - blade was damaged, sharpened and heavily rusty, other parts also. First step was to repair the blade, including crossgraining, then other parts - everything is well done! I know that HJ knifes are common, but this is a story of one which was saved for future generations to admire - thanks to restorer Mr. Peter Milovansky.

Mr. Milovansky also restored other things - SA daggers, SS-Police degens and other kind of edged weapons - including heavily damaged LW, WH daggers (!), so I will continue to post photos of his excellent work to admire, with his permission.

I hope you will like photos and please leave a comet if you like this kind of work

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE   RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE  

RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE   RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE  

RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RESTORATION of HJ knife - MUST SEE
    P
    Many

?

What I see is a blade that has been filed down with the same thing done to the handle and buffed on a polishing wheel with steel polish.
    I understand your excitement with the end results but to any blade collector it has been changed from its original shape, length, etc.. Your friend made it look better but as a collectors item it has little or no value.

nice job.

Hi SteveR, I agree with you, this knife has little or no value, but a lot of work was spent on restoration process despite this fact. And to the hilt, it was really rusty so polishing cant help. Some collectors never add something which was restored in their collection, we are still talking about common HJ knife, but some collectors like to restore damaged items, which they find in ground or trash.

Regards Peter

?

Quite a transformation.
    Some will say not for the better - others that it was pretty far gone.

Relly interesting to see what can be done with a bit of patience peter.

thankyou for showing us,

matty

Nice job I had one I did from a old one not pitted though bought a set of grips from Johnson diamonds are hard to find so I had a old repo I used it came out ok yours is nice lot of work brings it back at least so I don't have a problem saving it. timothy

I concur also with some of the comments stating that this knife is not its original self.......BUT.......The person performing this transformation is an Artisan..and has a special gift.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Mr P.Milovansky knows his stuff alright

Very interesting to see a real rat relic Hj knife restored to a much better state imo.

I enjoy threads like this, thanks peter

Regards Mac 66.

Interesting. A great deal of work. As long as the entire piece was being totally transformed, he should simply have left off installing the grip diamond. It would then have been a good useable sheath knife that had a Really interesting past life. As it sits now, it is more questionable than anything...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast